Our team in Huntsville, AL is looking to add a Lead Equipment Operator Remediation to their team! The Equipment Operator operates heavy equipment at Client project sites and Clean Harbors facilities. An Equipment Operator is responsible for the safe and proficient operation and general maintenance of heavy equipment during the execution of remediation and/or construction projects.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Competent and proficient operation of the following: excavator (60K LB and up), front end loader (3CY and up), articulating dump truck (25CY and up), bull dozer (150HP and up), motor grader, soil compactor, articulating water truck, compact loader, compact excavator, and other construction equipment. Minimum of 10-years of experience operating these types of equipment.
- Completion and submission of daily checklists, as required, to document the proper and safe operation of the unit or maintenance issues requiring attention.
- Performs routine general maintenance on equipment, including greasing fittings, checking and topping-off fluids, cleaning and/or replacing air filters, etcetera.
- Works in various temperatures indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions: including extreme heat and cold while wearing various levels of personal protective equipment. Works in atmospheres and locations with the potential for exposure to various chemical and physical agents, some of which may be hazardous, toxic or corrosive.
- Works extended (> 8 hrs.) time periods. Extensive nationwide travelling is mandatory with expected durations up to six (6) weeks. Travel by air will often be required. Employee must have a valid drivers license and be able to obtain a Clean Harbors light duty file. Requires speaking, listening, and understanding English; color determination, depth perception, clarity of vision and 20/20 eyesight, corrected or uncorrected. Employee needs Note that in emergency response situations these periods can extend beyond 8 hours, up to 12-24 hrs.; Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that the applicant/candidate acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during week-ends and holidays.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- HS diploma or equivalent
- 10+ years’ experience of heavy equipment operation
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions
- Valid Driver’s License-Clean Driving Record
- Complete confined space entry (CSE) training. 40 Hour OSHA Training and Annual Refresher
- Strong commitment to safety
- Extensive Nationwide Travel up to six (6) weeks at a time before a rotation home.
Join our team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
We appreciate all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
- Retirement Plan