Our PODS flatbed operation is looking for drivers who want to get paid to travel throughout the lower 48 and be out 3-4 weeks at a time. Trips are pre-planned by PODS so you’ll know exactly where your next trip is taking you. You will pick up and deliver PODS containers. While this is flatbed work, it does not require flatbed experience. Our team will train you in the securement of the storage containers, which require strapping only, no chain securement or tarping necessary.
NFI is one of the largest dedicated transportation companies in North America. Family owned and operated for over 85 years, NFI is an award winning industry leader known for our commitment to safety and exceptional customer service. We offer a variety of career choices with consistent weekly pay as well as predictable routes and schedules so you can balance your driving with quality home time.
- Average weekly gross pay: $1,400
- 49 CPM first year
- 1 CPM increase yearly until cap
- $5,000 sign-on bonus
- Uncapped bonus programs – Quarterly/Annual Safety Bonus - This is based on overall financial performance and driver safety
- $100 Clean Roadside Inspection Bonus
- Unlimited $2,000 Driver Referral Bonus (paid out at 30 days and 90 days)
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits starting immediately! Multiple plans to choose from. Pick the plan that fits you and your family:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Healthcare Spending Account
- Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance
- 401K (NFI Offers 50% up to a 6% match)
- Paid Time Off options
- Rider program for spouses with submission of proper paperwork ?
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home time: Out 3 weeks, home 3 days -OR- Out 4 Weeks or more, home 4 days
- Route: Averaging 2,500 – 3,000 miles a week. Monday through Saturday. No nighttime driving. Flatbed running PODS Moving and Storage Containers (No residential deliveries)
- Level of Touch: Strapping Only – No chains, No tarps
- Late model automatic Volvo
- Governed speed: 70 MPH on cruise and 65 on the pedal
- 53’ trailers
- Must be at least 22 years of age (21 for recent driving school graduates)
- Must have CDL A license from your state of residence
- Must have a minimum of 1 year verifiable Class A commercial driving experience in a similar type/size vehicle with safe driving record.
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen
- No DUIs/Careless/Reckless convictions in the past 5 years. No more than 1 in lifetime. 2+ not eligible
- Hiring Radius: Nationwide
- Retirement Plan