Sysco is the global leader in foodservice distribution. With over 67,000 associates and a fleet of over 13,000 vehicles, Sysco operates approximately 330 distribution facilities worldwide and serves more than 600,000 customer locations. We are looking for talented, hardworking individuals to join our team and experience the heart of food and service.
Sysco has an immediate job opening for a dependable CDL A Transportation Supervisor/ Delivery Driver to safely and efficiently operate a tractor-trailer and manually unload/deliver various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods, supplies, etc.) to customer locations on an assigned route schedule. Our drivers build relationships with each customer using their positive, friendly attitude and become familiar with their operations to meet needs and expectations.
- Average Driver Pay: $75,000 annually
- Salary position
- $3,000 driver referral bonus (half at 6 months, the other half at 1 year)
- Paid via direct deposit bi-weekly
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits starting 60 days:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- 401K with 6% company match
- 7 Paid Company Holidays and 3 floating Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- After 6 months 48 hours of PTO
- After a year,104 hours with increases every 5 years until you reach 15 weeks (200 hours)
- Ongoing job skills training, leadership development training.
- Career growth opportunities – we promote from within!
- Employee discount programs.
- Service Recognition and employee rewards.
- Discounts on Sysco stock (SYY).
- Safety programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- More benefits, too many to name.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of Delivery Associates, including adherence to standard operating procedures, adherence to planned routes, and providing safe and efficient customer service.
- Ensures Delivery Associate compliance with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. DOT, OSHA, etc.) and ensures that electronic logs are kept current and accurate.
- Manages labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Oversees the proper selection utilization of company assets in support of the Delivery department.
- Organizes required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews delivery functions and productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of delivery changes.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies, protocols and procedures including but not limited to food safety, DOT, record keeping, etc.
- Communicates with Sales Management and Marketing Associates to collaboratively resolve any customer or delivery opportunities or issues.
- Visits customer locations and meets with customers to address issues and assess delivery difficulty.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and respond to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed (and as qualified).
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Typically Home Daily!
- May drive up 25% of the week
- Typical Schedule: Monday – Friday. Home Weekends! Some Sunday dispatch may be required
- Early start times (vary per route)
- Routes: Area’s around Minnesota
- Level of Touch: Load and Unload
- May need to lift, push or move product weighing an average of 40-60 pounds and as much as 100 pounds.
- 2017 - new model Volvo and Freightliner’s (day cabs)
- Automatic and manual transmission
- Governed Speed: 65mph
- Inward and outward incident activated cameras
- Retirement Plan