Stevens Trucking is contracting lease purchase drivers to haul dry-van freight from our yard in Oklahoma City or drop yards to our customers throughout the upper Midwest (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois) as well as through the South (Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, North Carolina). Drivers will be pulling 53 foot dry-van trailers, primarily on out and back lanes, and all freight is no-touch.
The terminal is located in Oklahoma City. We have several drop yards located in Detroit, MI, Chicago, IL, St. Louis, MO, Columbus, OH, Dallas, TX, Houston, TX, Tulsa, OK. Drivers who live in these areas can expect weekly home time.
- Equipment: '15-'21 Freightliner Cascadias. About 90% manual transmissions and the rest automatics, and all come equipped with APUs and refrigerators. Trucks are governed at 68/72 mph to start and can increase as long as driver doesn't receive any tickets.
- Payments: No down payment required, weekly truck payments range between $400-$720 a week. $1 buyout at the end of the lease. No balloon payment. Leases are 2.5 - 7 years in length
- Expenses: Lease drivers only need to cover their truck payment, their fuel expenses, and their occupational accident, bobtail, and physical damage insurances. The remaining expenses (tolls, tags, scales, IFTA, Pre Pass, etc.) is covered by the company.
- Pay: Lease Purchase drivers are paid $1.06 plus a fuel surcharge for all miles (loaded and unloaded). Paid weekly! Lease drivers are making an avg of $1,400-$1,600 after all expenses have already been deducted from their settlements.
- Loads: Our loads are 85%-90% drop and hook loads. The remainder is live load/unload. All freight is no-touch.
- Lanes: Home weekly - weekend home time possible. We primarily run out and back from OKC into the upper Midwest like Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, and Illinois. We also do quite a bit through the South like Alabama, Tennessee, Georgia, and North Carolina
- Rider and Pet Travel Companion Program starts day 1
- Retirement Plan