American Central Transport is looking for CDL drivers to run consistent freight throughout the regional Midwest. ACT focuses on paying competitively, providing consistent home time, and offering great benefits. They have been named one of the Best Fleets to Drive For 4 consecutive years! Come join the family today!
NEW PAY PACKAGE & MORE CONSISTENT HOME TIME TO FIT YOUR NEEDS!
- Competitive starting base pay rate with annual increases
- Drivers average $63,000 gross per year
- Total compensation comprised of CPM base pay (short miles) and a mileage bonus up to a maximum of $.05 CPM
- Average of 2,300 – 2,500 miles weekly
- All miles paid, loaded and unloaded
- Minimum guarantee first 8 weeks - $1,100 per week; contingent upon being available for 5 consecutive days of work, excluding orientation.
- Detention Pay - $200 per day (up to 10 hours)
- Layover Pay - $150
- $4,500 Sign-On Bonus
- Driver Referral Bonus - $1,500 paid over 90 days. Refer 6 or more drivers and receive an additional $500 per referral
- Mileage Bonus - $100 for 8,500 miles, $250 for 9,000 miles, $350 for 10,000 miles, $450 for 11,000, and $600 for 12,000 miles
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits through United Healthcare beginning the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
- $10,000 Life Insurance Policy with free Telemed doctor access
- Flex spending for medical & childcare expenses
- 401K with 4% company match, vested on Day 1
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Perks: wellness programs
- Take your truck home program
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: 6 days every month – you pick which days!
- Schedule: Very flexible as you choose when you’re home!
- Route: Throughout Central Midwest and Southeast Regions
- Hiring Area: South of I-80; East of I-35
- Level of Touch: No touch freight – drop & hook only
- T680 Kenworth's with upgraded memory foam mattresses & Freightliner Cascadias! Carrier Inverters & APU's in all trucks!
- Automatic and manual transmission trucks
- Governed speed: 65 mph
- Must be at least 22 years of age
- Must have a CDL A license
- Must have a minimum of 9 months verifiable OTR tractor trailer experience
- No DUI or DWI convictions in the past 7 years.
- No DOT preventable accidents in the past 18 months
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen
- Driver should live within 50 miles of Des Moines
- Retirement Plan