The Yard Driver is primarily responsible for driving a terminal tractor or “mule” to move trailers around within the facility. This position will be mid shift of Monday through Friday 11:00 AM to 11:30 PM with rotational Saturday work.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5
- Competitive wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401K with company matching component
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operates terminal tractor or “mule” to move trailers around in the facility yard.
- Delivers/picks up bins, van, bulk trailers, tanker trucks, and other equipment that must be driven throughout the facility. Ensures that wheel chalks and jack-stands are in place and operating properly.
- Perform manual tasks such as cleaning up spills when necessary while taking all safety precautions necessary to prevent injury.
- Exercise good judgment and proper operating skills required to operate the vehicle within the confines of the facility, positioning trailers/vans at loading dock, and maneuvering vehicle in crowed areas around the facility. Observe and maintain posted speed limits.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- CDL Class A required;
- Have Hazmat and Tanker or ability to obtain upon hire;
- 1+ years related work or industry experience required;
- Able to judge space and distance accurately.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is one-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us. We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role. Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company. For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-323-7483).
- Retirement Plan