Averitt currently has an immediate opening for part-time Local CDL-A Shuttle Driver/Yard Switcher to help serve our dedicated adhesive customer in Dallas, TX.
Drivers must live within a 100 mile radius.
***This position is located out of Garland, TX***
This position entails:
- Ensuring the timely movement of trailers in and out of the docks on-site at the customer's location
- Also driving 4 miles between the customer's warehouses.
- Will work Saturday & Sunday; with possible weekday work to fill in.
- Shift will be 8:00 am to 8:30 pm each day; 12.50 hours a day.
- Start pay of $16.00/hour
- Approx. 70% of the driving, approx. 30% of the time switching
Check out these benefits of being a part-time Averitt CDL-A driver:
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Uniform Program
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness Programs available
- Career advancement opportunities"we promote from within!
- Referral Rewards Program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 6 months verifiable tractor/trailer experience within past3 years
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options