We are seeking a Driver who will be responsible for operating and hauling belly-dump double trailers, transporting "dry bulk" from the local area refineries to the port.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401k with company match, profit sharing, paid time off and opportunities for future growth.
We are offering a $1,500 Sign-On & Retention Bonus!!
To start- $500
After 3 months - $500
After 6 months - $500
Our Class A CDL Drivers will complete "dry bulk" hauls as assigned in a safe and efficient manner to meet and exceed customer expectations.
This position is a night shift
Read on to learn more...
- Driver will safely transport "dry bulk" from our operations in El Segundo to local port
- Driver will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Driver will safely operate all equipment on the road and follow DOT/company regulations
- Driver will report maintenance issue to the maintenance crew
- Driver will take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings, while ensuring safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Class A CDL required
- Doubles endorsement, or the ability to obtain one
- One year driving experience
- Must have TWIC card or the ability to obtain one, and pass a background for refineries
- Understand best practices of maintaining and safely operating tractor trailers
- Must be safety conscious and understand safe work practices
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must be comfortable with heights, including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- No serious moving violations in the past three years including:
- DUI or DWI
- Failure to report an accident
- Negligent homicide arising out of the use of a motor vehicle
- Operating a motor vehicle while under suspension or revocation
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews
- This position is a night shift and may transition to a day shift
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options