Tired of the same job, day in and day out? Looking for a new opportunity?
Savage is looking for a dynamic new Team Member! LOCAL ROUTES! HOME DAILY! COMPETITIVE BENEFITS!
In addition to an excellent Benefit package that includes, QUARTERLY BONUSES, PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short & long term disability, life insurance plans, and retirement plans, the successful candidate will have opportunities for career advancement.
Call 435-401-0512 to schedule an interview!
- Drivers will utilize Class A CDL, HAZMAT, Tanker, and Double & Triples Endorsements
- Drivers will perform pre-inspections, accurately complete paperwork, and fuel and cleans trucks
- Drivers will maneuver and connect heavy hoses
- Drivers will ensure that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards daily, and reports any safety issues to the maintenance crew, if needed
- Drivers will interact professionally with other Savage Team Members, customer management and personnel on a daily basis; should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Drivers will be safety conscious and understand safe work practices for operating in different environments and contribute to Savage’s Culture of Safety
- Drivers will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Current Class A CDL with HAZMAT, Tanker and Doubles & Triples endorsements required
- Two years of experience driving double tractor/trailer combination, loading, hauling crude oil (will haul from the Uintah Basin to the refineries in the Salt Lake Valley)
- Language skills (able to read, write, speak and understand English)
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled; willingness to work nights
- Professional demeanor (concerned about safety, quality of job performance & cleanliness; including verbal communications)
- Must be drug/alcohol free and able to pass a criminal background test, drug screen and reference checks
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
• High School or GED
• 2 years applicable experience
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up a flat tire
- Ability to climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Ability to drive and work in adverse weather conditions and apply snow chains to tires
- Ability to hook and unhook hoses and open and close valves
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options