LOCAL ROUTES - HOME DAILY - COMPETITIVE PAY & BENEFITS!
We also offer: PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short / long term disability, life insurance plans, retirement plans, and opportunities for career advancement!
The Driver for Sayre will safely load, transport and deliver pipe and other bulk products in and around the Sayre, PA oil fields. Responsible for truck maintenance as well.
Please read on to learn more.
- Follow the Standard Operating Procedures to safely load and deliver tubulars from our site in Sayre, PA to drilling locations around Marcellus/Utica
- Maintain fleet trucks
- Transport any additional products dispatched to haul. This may include crude, water, sand, etc.
- Comply with customer safety requirements while on their locations
- Utilize any on-board computer terminals to accurately record locations visited and products handled and ensure any additional paperwork is complete, neat and legible
- Wear the provided and required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas at all times
- Conduct a comprehensive pre and post shift vehicle and equipment inspections, and take appropriate action on encountered problems
- Reports incidents (operational and/or safety related), as instructed, in a timely manner
- Contain and report any spill according to the established Occurrence Reporting procedures
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Maintain an accurate Hours of Service log or time sheet and submit the record in a timely manner
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the vehicles and equipment as able and qualified, and report all other maintenance issues to the maintenance department
- Other duties as assigned by regional or operation management
- A commitment to work without an occurrence; no injuries, property damage or spills
- Class A CDL with flatbed experience preferred
- Able to clear all background checks required by the Company, Customer and Government
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicle
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interview and be willing and able to work within the hours of service regulations
- A good attitude. Shows interest as a team player, and is observed to be safe and conscientious in the workplace, but can also work independently and with minimal supervision
- Can read, write and understand English
- Proven ability to be reliable and dependable
- Moderate computer skills are required
- High School Diploma/GED
- Some CDL Class A experience preferred, preferably driving in an oilfield environment
- Some large vehicle maintenance experience preferred
- This position is required to work outdoors in all kinds of weather conditions, including very harsh winters and hot summers
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 80 pounds on an occasional basis
- Must be able to chain up tires during winter
- Comfortable working in an oilfield environment
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to walk on uneven ground
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options