Are you tired of Over the Road jobs? Are you interested in doing more than driving from point A to point B? With Sunpro, a Savage company, you can work as a first-line responder, drive a variety of commercial vehicles (including but not limited to vac trucks, water trucks, roll-off trucks, tankers and stake beds with equipment trailers) and be home every night!
Sunpro is currently hiring a Class A CDL Driver who will receive a $1500 sign on bonus paid out at 6 & 12 months while enjoying a full package of BENEFITS, including medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, retirement plan, paid time off, and life insurance plans and company paid certifications , licenses, and training.
The ideal candidate will be mechanically inclined and possess a high school diploma or equivalent. He or she must have the ability to perform manual work requiring periods of extensive physical exertion and must have the ability to carry out written and oral instructions and be able to meet the work schedule with dependability and consistency. Must be flexible to changes in the work schedule/extended workdays, be available to respond on short notice and have a willingness to travel out of town for overnight projects. Drivers are cross-trained to be able to assist with on-site environmental responses.
For additional information about the services we provide visit www.sunproservices.com
- Learn, understand, and follow all safety, operational, and company rules, regulations and responsibilities
- Perform site activities as directed by the Supervisor or Project Manager in accordance with Sunpro Standard Operating Guidelines
- Use small hand-tools, squeegees, shovels and brooms as well as wipes, absorbent boom and pads to contain and remediate impacted soils and waters
- Assist in the set up and tear down of job site
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid CDL-A and Tanker endorsement required
- Hazmat endorsement preferred
- 40-hr Hazwoper certification preferred
- Drivers must be knowledgeable in DOT laws and hours-of-service regulations. Drivers will be required to adhere to the laws and complete electronic driver logs
- Flexible shift with weekend work is required
- Must be able to pass pre-employment, random and or post-accident/injury substance abuse screening, and obtain applicable medical examiners certification
- Company paid certifications, licenses and training
- While it does not disqualify you from a position with our company, please be aware that smoking is prohibited in all company vehicles and on many of our customer job sites
- High School Diploma / GED
- A minimum of 2 years of commercial driving experience required (tanker preferred). Must be able to operate vehicles/trailers equipped with air brakes. No active violations within the previous three years
- Respirators may be required due to the nature of our work therefore a clean shaven face is required to assure proper fit and use of safety equipment
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options