Are you looking for a new opportunity with a company that can provide you with a career, not just a job?
Savage Services has immediate openings for Class A CDL drivers. Local routes; day and night shifts available, rotating schedules.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, 401K Matching, Profit Sharing and Performance Bonuses! We operate and maintain high quality, latest-model equipment.
Our Class A CDL Drivers in Colorado Springs haul and handle copper concentrate as assigned, in a safe and efficient manner to meet and exceed customer expectations.
Please read on to learn more!
- Drivers will utilize Class A CDL to locally transport material as dispatched
- Drivers will perform pre-inspections and accurately complete paperwork
- Drivers will ensures that the truck meets or exceeds safe operational standards daily and reports any safety issues to the maintenance crew, if needed
- Drivers will interact professionally with other Savage Team Members, customer management and personnel on a daily basis. Should have an understanding of customer service and have strong communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Drivers will be safety conscious, understand safe work practices for operating in different environments, follow safety procedures, and contribute to Savage’s Culture of Safety
- Drivers will assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Operate a 980 equivalent loader and forklift
- Current Class A CDL Driver
- Language skills (able to read, write, speak and understand English)
- Flexibility to work weekends and holidays as scheduled; willingness to work nights
- Professional demeanor (concerned about safety, quality of job performance & cleanliness; including verbal communications and willingness to share a truck)
- Must be drug/alcohol free and able to pass a criminal background test, drug screen and reference checks
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- Drivers should be experienced in self-loading with a front in loader and forklift, or willing to train to become proficient in the self-loading process
- One year of experience driving +80,000 lbs in mountainous, two-lane highway terrain
- Experience driving in the snow and ice a must
- Crane experience a plus
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift
- Ability to change or chain-up when required
- Ability to tarp and un-tarp loads
- Ability to climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times a day
- Ability to lift 50 or more pounds daily while climbing steps
- Ability to drive and work in adverse weather conditions
- Ability to operate front end loader/reach stacker/forklift
- Ability to work with chemicals such as airline antifreeze and side release agents
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long-term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options