Are you tired of the same old job, day in and day out?
Maybe it's time to join a Team where every day brings something new and exciting!
In addition to an excellent Benefit package, that includes, QUARTERLY BONUSES, PROFIT SHARING, PAID TIME OFF, medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance plans, and retirement plans, the successful candidate will have opportunities for career advancement.
The Class A, Hazmat Driver's primary responsibility will be to safely operate a tractor-trailer to handle the loading, unloading and delivering procedures necessary to transport molten sulphur from multiple refineries in the Houston area.
- Safely operate all equipment on the road (DOT/Company regulations)
- Safely load and unload molten sulfur into non-baffled tanker trailers
- Report maintenance issue to the maintenance crew
- Take an active role in our safety program including attendance to all safety meetings and ensure safe behaviors of self and subordinates
- Assist the operation with other tasks deemed necessary to meet customer expectations
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC card
- Must have the ability to clear background check for refineries in the Texas Gulf region
- Willing to work days, nights and rotating shifts
- Safety conscious and understand safe work practices for a refinery and on the road
- Be able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Must show a basic knowledge of DOT regulations as determined in interviews
- Comfortable with heights including the ability to walk up and down ladders on trailers
- Can successfully pass Savage's road test, which will include a proper pre and post trip inspection of the vehicles
- No more than 2 moving violations in the last two years
- No serious moving violations in the past three years, including but not limited to;
- DUI or DWI
- Failure to report an accident
- Negligent homicide arising out of the use of a motor vehicle
- Operating a motor vehicle while under suspension or revocation
- Valid CDL Class A mandatory; Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement
- 2+years of CDL driving experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs frequently
- Ability to climb into and out of cab multiple times per shift, and climb a ladder and steps 10 or more times per day
- Ability to drive and work in adverse weather conditions
With more than 70 years’ experience in hundreds of locations across North America and internationally, Savage is a trusted partner for safely moving and managing mission-critical materials with worry-free consistency while creating value for our Customers. Savage specializes in rail, truck and marine transportation, logistics, materials handling and other industrial and environmental services. We Hire Right, Train Right and Treat Right, and strive to provide our Team Members with opportunities to do things they never dreamed possible.
Savage offers competitive benefits that include: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, a retirement plan, paid time off and opportunities for growth.
Savage is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug free workplace.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options