Local CDL-A Truck Drivers are the champions of a local area, having the opportunity to develop long-term relationships with the customers they serve. They enjoy in-cab technology that makes it a breeze to talk with dispatch and navigate a route. If you are a fan of daily home time, then becoming a local driver for Averitt is an ideal position for you. Turn to Averitt Express if you are looking for not only a promising and rewarding career, but if you are ready to be a part of something bigger: a legacy that will live forever.
** Must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements **
Working Monday - Friday doing day time local pickup and delivery making $24.75 / hour!
**One (1) year of recent Class A tractor trailer driving experience preferred however training may be available for candidates with:
- 4+ months full-time verifiable experience within the past 3 years OR
- 1 year full-time verifiable experience within the past 5 years OR
- Recent graduates from CDL training school and/or trucking company training programs
NOTE: Training availability may vary by location
CDL-A Local Truck Driver Benefits:
- Daily Home Time
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as
-$75.70 per week for family
- $30.55 per week for unmarried individuals.
- (With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.)
- Profit Sharing and 401 (k) plans
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Uniform program
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off/ vacation
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and most meals
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options