Now hiring local CDL-Adrivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience! If less than 6 months of solo driving experience, we have a training program tailored just for you. (see below)
Averitt has opportunities for professional dedicated drivers to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Vance, Alabama!
Whether you're on a drop & hook or backing into a local auto supplier's dock for a pick up (within a 150-mile radius), this driving position will have you home daily! Plus, no-touch freight means this excellent career opportunity is much more than just good pay and great benefits!
This full-time position entails:
- Days of the week vary, could be required to work Saturday/Sunday.
- Up to 12 hour shifts; min. 48 hours per week.
- There may be daily/weekly extended work hours as required to meet operational needs.
- Start time for shifts vary, but are between 4:00 PM-7:00 PM.
- This is a night shift position.
- Everything will be confirmed during your interview.
- You will be home daily!
- Moving freight and trailers from local suppliers back and forth to the customer's location
- All drop and hook, no-touch freight!
- Maintenance shop and fuel on-site.
- Nice equipment that is 2015 or newer tractors and 2017 trailers.
**black steel toe shoes required**
Experienced CDL-A Truck Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay is $17.25/ hour; top out pay of $18.25/ hour reached within 1 year.
Paid Training Programs:
Driving School Grads:
Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the previous 180 days.
Students will also earn a $4,800 tuition assistance bonus! Payable after completing orientation at a rate of $150 per month for the first 12 months and $250 for months 13 - 24.
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1- 3 weeks. After training you will start at $17.25/ hour.
Check out these many benefits of being a full-time Averitt Driver Associate:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days).
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks.
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products.
- Flexible spending accounts.
- Wellness programs available.
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.).
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within a 60 mile radius of this location.
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility).
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options