46¢ Per Mile
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
Why Choose Averitt:
- Uniformed company with quality people and a culture which includes strong structure and organization.
- Opportunities for transfer and promotion from within after completion of 6 months in current position.
- 1,000+ (10%) associates who have been with the Averitt team for 20 or more years!
- Leading transportation provider since 1971.
Experienced CDL-A Driver Pay:
To start at this pay you must have 6 months of verifiable experience in the past 3 years.
- Start at .48 cpm
Experienced CDL-A drivers who are out 5 days average $1,100+ per week. Drivers with hazmat endorsements average $1,200+ per week!
Minimum Mileage Pay=
- Loads less than 400 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 400 miles.
- 2 day loads less than 800 miles picked up and delivered will be paid at 800 miles.
- $20 stop pay (not to include origin or destination)
- Breakdown ($14/hr: takes effect after 2 hrs. not to exceed 10 hrs in a 24 hr period)
- Layover ($100 after a 24 hr period- allowed 50 miles)
- Detention ($20/hr after 2 hrs for majority of customers)
- 4 day paid orientation ($864) in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals.
- Weekly direct payroll deposits.
Must have a minimum of 4 months verifiable experience in the past 3 years or 6 months of verifiable experience in the past 5 years.
You will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at .48 cpm.
Equipment & Safety:
- Assigned, safe, well-maintained Volvos & Freightliners.
- All with APUs and 100% automatic transmissions.
- Our equipment has several intelligent safety features to include: collision- avoidance system, lane-departure system, anti-jackknife/ rollover stability system and much more.
- Safely park at more than 100 Averitt facilities, many with on-duty security, fuel pumps, showers, exercise rooms and driver convenience centers with Wi-Fi.
About Our Regional CDL-A Driving Position:
- Primarily southern, southwest and mid-west lanes (25 states)
- Occasional runs to the Northeast (The Northeast is considered to be NJ and PA)
- We do not go into CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME, Canada and NY state. (NYC runs are limited and optional)
- Home EVERY Week; 36 - 48 hours at home (with the option of being out longer and averaging higher miles)
- 84% of our Regional Drivers are home by noon on Saturdays.
- 100% NO-TOUCH freight
- PrePass Plus
- Rider program (legal spouse only)
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$30.55 per week for single coverage
$75.70 per week for family
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Wellness programs available
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Averitt smartphone app for our drivers to download; assists with communication & convenience
- Driver Support Specialists located at our Service Centers to assist our drivers & help with concerns face to face
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within 150 mile radius of an Averitt Service Center in which you are applying for.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years (less any training time) ORminimum of 4 months verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 3 years OR 6 months of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the past 5 years.
- Must have a Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/ close trailer door- force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/ unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Move freight- force requirement: 54 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/ exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/ exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Monday - Friday from 7 am to 7pm & Saturday from 8 am to 12 pm CST.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options