41¢ - 42¢ Per Mile
Attention CDL-A Drivers! We're offering a $2,000 sign-on BONUS for qualified drivers through June 30, 2018! ($1,000 at 90 days and $1,000 at 180 days!).- excluding students.
We're growing again and looking for drivers to join this NEW position! Spots are filling up fast, come be a part of this new business growth!
Averitt has opportunities for professional CDL-A dedicated drivers to help serve our bedding customer in Waycross, Georgia!
Drivers must live within a 100 mile radius of this location.
This full-time position entails:
- Start pay of .41 cpm; top pay of .42 cpm reached within 1 year.
- Average 2,600-2,700 miles per week
- Average up to $60k+ per year
- Stop pay= $17.50/ stop; average 15-20 stops per week; each stop averaging 45 minutes
- Average 4+ loads per week
- Home multiple times during the week and each weekend!
- Leave out on Sunday or Monday with 1st delivery.
- Coverage area to include: Georgia, Florida (only as far south as Orlando), Alabama & South Carolina.
- Local runs (100+ miles) may be available to supplement income.
- Assigned Volvo & Freightliner tractors.
- Pickup preloaded trailers of mattresses, frames and box springs from customer's distribution center.
- No loading, driver assist with unloading.
- Deliver to warehouses.
- Delivery times are typically scheduled between 9:00am and 4:00pm.
- Possible backhauls of returning product when empty & returning to Waycross.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$75.70 per week for family
$30.55 per week for single coverage
With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 6 months of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon -Fri 7am until 7pm.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options