38¢ - 40¢ Per Mile
These all are things that every professional CDL-A driver wants, but not every carrier can offer. With Averitt, you can have them all"and then some! If you're ready to turn your wants into reality, take a look at this excellent dedicated driving opportunity!
Averitt is currently seeking top-notch Dedicated CDL-A Driverto help serve our dedicated automotive parts customer in Newton, NC.
Drivers for this account must live within a 150 mile radius from the Averitt Service Center.
This exciting career opportunity entails:
- Outbound loads from Newton are preloaded; inbound trailers are dropped for customer unloading.
- No touch, palletized freight.
- Coverage area of: NC, SC, TN, KY, OH, WV & MI.
- 75% of trips are out 1 day and back to Newton.
- Home several times per week.
- Average 2,850 miles per week.
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 12+ months of solo driving experience):
- Starting pay is .38 cpm (hub miles); top-out at .40 cpm within 6 months
- Average $1,000 per week.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual Cigna medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
- $75.70 per week for family
- $30.55 per week for single coverage
- With the option of even lower medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation) up to 8 weeks
- Uniform program- Averitt will provide
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Referral rewards program
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Wellness programs available
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 6 months' of full-time verifiable tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years.
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years.
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years.
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too close, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality).
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years.
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years.
- Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
To apply for this position over the phone give us a call at 888-967-5487, we're available Mon -Fri 7am until 7pm & Sat 8am until noon CST.
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options