Argos USA is a high-quality cement and ready-mixed concrete company serving North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, Texas, Florida, and Arkansas. A proud history of innovative products, unparalleled expertise and exceptional customer service has made us an integral partner to our customers in residential, commercial, infrastructure and other public works applications. Today, as Argos, we are part of a strong, integrated brand providing cement, concrete and aggregates in the Americas and the Caribbean. Under the Argos brand, we are building on our heritage of excellence to create an even stronger future. Argos seeks qualified A & B CDL drivers!
- No Overnight Travel
- Industry Leading Wages Paid Weekly
- Full Benefits Packages
- 401k Retirement Plan with Company Contribution
- Paid Training
- Conduct Pre-trip inspection of ready-mix truck pursuant to D.O.T. regulations. Pre-trip inspection Which includes checking fluid levels of engine oil, antifreeze, tire pressure, brakes and other driver operated controls for loading and unloading ready-mix.
- Fills water tank before each delivery by placing rubber hose into water tank and filling after
- checking that all valves are shut.
- Upon receiving delivery ticket, driver pulls truck under or backs truck under plant
- (depending on plant configuration) and charges mixer to receive concrete, making sure to
- take any admixtures or other ancillary products that are on ticket.
- Uses map and experience and takes most direct route to job site to ensure on time delivery.
- Safely drives truck to jobsite and arrives with the desired slump within customer or job specifications.
- Upon arriving on jobsite, the driver must walk the job site and be able to safely maneuver truck in often very unstable ground conditions. Safe observations of customer's equipment and conditions.
- Driver will add necessary ingredients such as fibers, chemical admixtures, cements, or integral colors at plant or jobsite, as well as other products.
- Pursuant to customer needs, driver will place chutes from fender or hanging rack onto the
- main chute at the rear of truck for discharge. Upon completion of discharge, driver will
- wash the chutes and put back in appropriate location on truck.
- Prior to leaving jobsite, driver is responsible for completing all paperwork and collection of
- Moneys (if necessary).
- Upon completion of each shift, driver will wash truck with hose and brush, including the use
- of acidic solution (when necessary).
- Communicates with Plant / dispatch through the use of a two-way radio or other established means.
- At the end of the shift, all paperwork must be completed and turned in.
- Ready-mix driver is responsible to call callout each day for start time.
- Each driver is expected to perform a post-trip inspection of truck pursuant to DOT regulations.
- Driver is expected to assist with general housekeeping around the plant site and within the driver’s break room.
- Minimum age of 23 years
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid CDL Class A or B License
- Experience with Standard shift, Commercial vehicles
- Clean MVR and no DUIs in 3 yrs.
- Ability to perform some physical labor
- 1-2 years of commercial driving experience preferred
- *Argos is an equal opportunity employer*
- *No Solicitations please*
- Job Type: Full-time
- Required license or certification:
- Class A or B CDL
- Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Options