Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   What is truckers' favourite pet? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/46053-what-truckers-favourite-pet.html)

Justyna 12-15-2016 01:46 PM

What is truckers' favourite pet?

Hi guys!

I know it might sound silly, but what is your favorite pet for trackers? At the moment I'm working on a mobile application dedicated for truck drivers and I'm looking for inspiration :) It will be great to come up with an idea for the truckers' mascot. Thanks!

GAnthony 12-16-2016 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justyna (Post 538983)
Hi guys!

I know it might sound silly, but what is your favorite pet for trackers? At the moment I'm working on a mobile application dedicated for truck drivers and I'm looking for inspiration :) It will be great to come up with an idea for the truckers' mascot. Thanks!

i have a pet rock. his name is Rocky.

i found him all alone in the Rocky Mountains, on a rocky road.

i would have named nim George, but that was too obvious.

Brian Junior 05-05-2017 01:37 PM

I have a little turtle pet.

astright 08-18-2017 03:56 PM

At one point I had a betta fish. At another point I had a parrot. I have met a couple of cats but most people have dogs.

GAnthony 08-18-2017 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by astright (Post 539689)
At one point I had a betta fish. At another point I had a parrot. I have met a couple of cats but most people have dogs.

did your parrot eat the fish, and did your cat eat the parrot..????

astright 08-18-2017 09:24 PM

Different times. I found a different home for the betta and the person that started pet sitting for my parrot ended up killing him. Cat and dog I never traveled with.

Gibbons 11-27-2017 09:34 AM

I love dogs as a truck driver. Once you pick the perfect breed, make sure you take the time to get your dog familiarized with your truck and get used to the noises that come with life on the road. After a few drives, your dog will be well adapted to the trucking lifestyle, and you’ll be happy to have a loyal driving buddy.

truck classifieds

t-lane 07-18-2018 08:17 AM

I have dog as a truck driver.

alexalferd 09-24-2018 02:43 PM

my favorite pet is dog.

Windwalker 01-08-2019 09:57 AM

I've had a couple of birds, a couple of cats, and a few dogs. Out of all of them, I liked the birds the best. They were in their cage at night so that their doodoo wouldn't be all over the truck, but spent the days on one shoulder or the other. You do have to be careful about doors and windows, but they were great.

While I am no a cat person, I would suspect cats would be next because you do not have to take them out for walks. They adapt to a litter pan quite well. I've also seen guys that had their cats "leash-trained", and that was interesting.

Dogs tend to be the most common. Often, they'll guard the truck while the driver is having lunch in a restaurant. Dogs need to go for walks in the grass and that can cut into driving hours with the hours of service these days.

To do it again, I'd have a bird in the truck, and a rubber mat on the floor.