Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   roll over accident (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/40483-roll-over-accident.html)

Jo Olsen 10-01-2010 05:31 PM

roll over accident

Hi yall, my name is Jo. I rolled a dumptruck in May of this year due to mechanical failure and not driver error. I have a class a cdl with 0 points. I have been driving big trucks since 1997. Does anyone know of a good company that can put me to work or should I seriously consider a career change. Help me out here yall. I am a 50 year old female and not trained for much else. Teenagers are nutz so fast food is totally out of the question. Any ideas?

freebirdrfd 10-01-2010 05:39 PM

It helps if we know were you live...... Did everybody miss that part when they filled in the profile information part?

Jo Olsen 10-04-2010 07:40 PM

Hi Yall, me jo again. I rolled the dumptruck over, 1st day on the job in Crestview Florida after bitching all day about the brakes not holding. Noticed air bags deflated on tri axle dump truck. My brother in law said he thought the truck was probably a converted road tractor and the air bags along with the fact that is was overloaded was probably to blame for the instability. Need a job yesterday and 5 major companies have denied me employment because of the accident. I have been a cdl driver for 13 years. 1st accident. Please help. Thanks

YerDaddy 10-04-2010 08:04 PM

Blame it on the truck if you must but apparently you noticed :
a) bad brakes
b) deflated air bags
c) overloaded truck

And still you took it out on the road.

Still wasn't your fault????????????????????????????????????????????? ???

Jo Olsen 10-07-2010 09:05 PM

OK my fault, I know, so now what? any ideas? bake cookies, retire, move to vegas? what

oneliner 10-08-2010 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Olsen (Post 487836)
OK my fault, I know, so now what? any ideas? bake cookies, retire, move to vegas? what

All of the above,just don't drive to Vegas!! LOL

Luzon 10-24-2010 10:32 PM

Well, I'd suggest getting on the phone with every company you can think of until you find one that'll take you.

One 02-20-2011 09:03 PM

Maybe try to do a non- driving function for a carrier to get in the door. However as we know once a woman works in the office, companies tend to not want them making the jump to labor/driving...But you could still use your experience as a dispatcher or something along those lines...

daffodil1003 05-28-2012 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo Olsen (Post 487637)
Hi yall, my name is Jo. I rolled a dumptruck in May of this year due to mechanical failure and not driver error. I have a class a cdl with 0 points. I have been driving big trucks since 1997. Does anyone know of a good company that can put me to work or should I seriously consider a career change. Help me out here yall. I am a 50 year old female and not trained for much else. Teenagers are nutz so fast food is totally out of the question. Any ideas?

I don't understand question

Windwalker 05-28-2012 02:11 AM

While I do not know just how many of them there are, I do know that most companies will not hire a driver for ten years after a rollover, if at all. It's worse than starting over. I don't know if you might be able to get on with one of the logging trucking companies or not. It's more local, but if you can get in there, it's still a paycheck. After a rollover, you're going to have to swallow a whole lot of pride.