Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Women drivers at TMC? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/25646-women-drivers-tmc.html)

phi2ok 03-16-2007 04:13 PM

Women drivers at TMC?

I have been reading though the concerns and good aspects of TMC and I would like to know if TMC currently has any women drivers. If there are, what is their advise to any women out there that are considering TMC?
I appreciate all the great info from the posts, y'all keep safe out there.

GoldiesPlating 03-16-2007 10:25 PM

Re: Women drivers at TMC?

Quote:

Originally Posted by phi2ok
I have been reading though the concerns and good aspects of TMC and I would like to know if TMC currently has any women drivers. If there are, what is their advise to any women out there that are considering TMC?
I appreciate all the great info from the posts, y'all keep safe out there.

Yes, TMC has a few female drivers. In fact, I recruited a couple myself. The biggest obstacle to women comes in the form of upper body strength. If you can beat that hurdle and all else is OK with your driving record and background checks, you'll do fine.
I drive and recruit for TMC so if you like, call me at the number below and I'll be happy to help you any way I can. Afternoons/evenings are best.
Good Luck!

LilBit 03-16-2007 10:27 PM

My sister in law used to haul flatbed for TMC....she was happy there

phi2ok 03-17-2007 12:10 AM

Women drivers at TMC?

I did talk to Rebecca the beginning of January and she did send me an info package. At that time I was researching schools and wanted to get TMC's idea on the subject. She was very helpful and gave me a few ideas. At that time I asked if TMC hires women but didn't think to ask if there were any currently. I live about 40 minutes from the Joplin terminal. Thanks much for the reply! :)

terrylamar 03-17-2007 07:00 PM

I talked to a woman Yellowstone driver several weeks ago. She was under the impression there were only two women drivers left and she was quiting soon. She could have been wrong and if she was right TMC might of hired many since.

joettanne 03-17-2007 10:35 PM

Hey Flatbedfred! Glad to see all is well with you!

So you are recruiting for TMC now! Way to go!

Annie :wink:

rvrjr7 03-17-2007 11:26 PM

i dont know about tmc but i do know i have seen several lady flatbedders out on the road. if thats what you want to do go for it and i give you all the credit for being a female wanting to get into flatbedding. wh transportation has a female flatbedder and she does alot better job than i do at tarping

phi2ok 03-18-2007 04:53 AM

Thanks Terry for that update, that is very interesting.

phi2ok 03-19-2007 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rvrjr7
i don't know about tmc but i do know i have seen several lady flatbedders out on the road. if thats what you want to do go for it and i give you all the credit for being a female wanting to get into flatbedding. wh transportation has a female flatbedder and she does alot better job than i do at tarping

I do appreciate all the positive notes. A little hard work never killed me and I am really looking forward to getting out there. The support between truckers (probably most anyway) expressed is refreshing to say the least and something that is currently lacking where I am now. My current job, which I am poised to spring from (IT) is dog eat dog and OUTSOURCE is the mantra. Just a couple more months planning my escape (still gnawing on the chain) and I will be on my way to school. Ha hoooo! Just doing as much research as I can into companies to avoid any possible hostel environments. If I do land in one, I will just learn and move on. Oh yeah. :)

GoldiesPlating 03-19-2007 04:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joettanne
Hey Flatbedfred! Glad to see all is well with you!

So you are recruiting for TMC now! Way to go!

Annie :wink:

Hey there girl!!! Long time no hear!
Yeah I recruit AND drive now for TMC. I run the TMC listing here on CAD for them and process the applicants that come in through here (CAD).
How's everything going for you? Keep in touch!!!