Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Ice Road Pics (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/25110-ice-road-pics.html)

joettanne 03-03-2007 01:03 AM

Neat pics Wildkat. I love Alberta too. Everyone I have met there are great! Been there a few times. Last time was a couple of years ago. Made it to Edmonton.

Thanks for the info. I had found the company you work for on the Internet before and a few others that supply Northern Alberta. Not sure what I want to do yet, just looking at my options. Thanks again for the information.

Annie :wink:

wildkat 03-05-2007 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joettanne
Neat pics Wildkat. I love Alberta too. Everyone I have met there are great! Been there a few times. Last time was a couple of years ago. Made it to Edmonton.

Thanks for the info. I had found the company you work for on the Internet before and a few others that supply Northern Alberta. Not sure what I want to do yet, just looking at my options. Thanks again for the information.

Annie :wink:

I am what is termed a "linehaul driver" in the LTL business. I mostly run vans (dry, reefers, heaters) from one terminal to another. Strickly pin to pin, no touch. The company I work for is unionized, so they are pretty set on what drivers do. Works for me, but at times, more BS than I can stand. But that is everywhere! :lol:

We, like ALL trucking companies in Alberta a DESPERATE for Class 1 drivers, so keep looking, am sure you will find exactly what you are looking for. Word of caution tho, try to stay with the mid-sized companies, they are better, as a rule, to work for.

landstartiffany 03-06-2007 02:24 PM

those are very nice pictures

bikerboy 03-06-2007 11:39 PM

Is it really true, its hard to find anywhere to live or hotels out there in alberta???

I'm thinking of coming out there to drive off road trucks.

wildkat 03-12-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerboy
Is it really true, its hard to find anywhere to live or hotels out there in alberta???

I'm thinking of coming out there to drive off road trucks.

It's not as bad as it's made out to be. All depends on where you go. If you are somewhere like Fort McMurray you'd be lucky to find a tent! But in the bigger places like Edmonton, Calgary, Grande Prairie is not that bad. Hoursing has not kept up with the demand, but it's coming :roll:

Shawnee 03-20-2007 09:24 PM

Nice pics, my uncle lives in Edmonton and he's been trucking up in the arctic for years

wildkat 03-24-2007 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee
Nice pics, my uncle lives in Edmonton and he's been trucking up in the arctic for years

Do you know who he works for? I know many of the guys who run in the arctic. Tho not so many of the ones who run on the Yukon side, just NWT.

Shawnee 03-24-2007 08:02 PM

I am not sure who he is working for now, he changes jobs so often, next time I hear from him I will ask him

wildkat 03-25-2007 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee
I am not sure who he is working for now, he changes jobs so often, next time I hear from him I will ask him

Is funny Shawnee, that's a very common thing out here, especially now with the economy the way it is. Very few people stay at a job longer than a year.

Do you know what he does..fuel, freight?

Shawnee 03-25-2007 10:04 PM

All I know is he is was hauling vans, he was at Kindersly and then quit there, his leg is in too bad of shape for doing the other kind of work. I know he changes jobs a lot, he will quit one job and then take several months off before he goes to work someplace else