Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Are there ANY other places to shower (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/20251-there-any-other-places-shower.html)

Ramblin Fever 09-09-2006 12:56 AM

Are there ANY other places to shower

aside from the truckstop showers??

I've been on the road a LOT with family trips, having driven clear across our countries roads, however, always had access to the showers in the camper or hotel rooms - I know a hotel room is not the obvious chance, but are there any other options I'm not aware of?

terrylamar 09-09-2006 01:49 AM

Re: Are there ANY other places to shower

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ramblin Fever
aside from the truckstop showers??

I've been on the road a LOT with family trips, having driven clear across our countries roads, however, always had access to the showers in the camper or hotel rooms - I know a hotel room is not the obvious chance, but are there any other options I'm not aware of?

A fitness club membership with a national chain. Location may not be friendly to truckers though.

Jax3683 09-09-2006 03:13 PM

I was going to come here and suggest a YMCA membership, but terrylamar made that suggestion :)

Honestly, in most cases I've found that truck stop showers aren't all that bad! I just keep shower shoes and a lysol can with me all the time in my shower bag!

Windwalker 09-10-2006 03:50 AM

For the most part, truck stop showers beat hanging a 30 gallon trash bag full of water in a tree and standing under it. There are some places that could take a hint, and when the ground is white outside, they could turn off the air conditioner. After a while, you learn where you are willing to shower and where not.

beachbum2 09-10-2006 04:14 AM

Ohio turnpike plaza's have NICE showers and they are free.

Get a truck stop guide and take notes in the margins. I list notes about parking conditions, quality of food, showers and general cleanliness. B4 long you will know where to stop and not to stop for the night.

Bigmon 09-25-2006 11:23 PM

If you don't look like a bum Ritz Carlton and some of the bigger Marriotts will let you shower in the locker area.

syl77dar 09-26-2006 12:38 AM

ohio service plaza big round have awesome showers

ohio service plazas have big round plazas that have awesome showers oh yeah they are FREE!!! but u need ur own towels and essentials good luck!

dieselgrl 09-26-2006 03:24 AM

I never had a problem with most truckstop showers... like Windwalker said, you'll learn which ones you can stand and which ones you'd rather bypass. It's part of the learning curve.

Besides, a truckstop shower is in a private room, what's so bad about that? Better than a high school locker room environment! :wink:

movinit 09-29-2006 03:41 PM

Truckstop showers are okay for the most part, like someone else said you learn to stay away from certain ones. Invest in a pair of thick rubber soled flip flops, which can be found at Wal Mart. Always wear them when showering to protect your feet, spray them with Lysol when done and leave them to air dry in your truck for the next time. Bringing in your own towel if you like softness would be wise also.