Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   Showers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/18690-showers.html)

4roses 07-12-2006 04:35 AM

room size is important

shower and sink area without mold ....( seen showers with so much mold - they should of been shut down )

secure lock on the door

enough counter space to put a dryer and small bag .... (I refuse to set anything on the floor because of other drivers feet fungus ... yuk ! )

hot - hot water ...

At one TS I insisted on my money back for the shower ... the employee was using dirty - brown water to clean the showers and floor with ... then they pulled a water hose in to hose them down ... :shock: .... :nervous:

Wolfman74 07-12-2006 05:29 AM

I would recomend a pair of shower shoes 8$ at wally world , and it will prevent feet fungis.

syl77dar 07-12-2006 01:36 PM

showers

big, stainless steel and to have towels are nice, but carry your own at least 2; and 2 washcloths and shower shoes. MY favorite showers are located in Ohio at the turnpike, they are big, stainless steel, have lots of hot water & FREE!

worldisnotenough 07-12-2006 01:52 PM

has anyone ever purchased or known anyone who has purchased one of those portable showers that you buy in a TA? I think it would be a good idea if you have the height in your cab. I am considering one but if anyone has an opinion i would like to hear it. Can't wait to try out the Ohio showers though! :o

07-12-2006 03:49 PM

Re: showers

Quote:

Originally Posted by syl77dar
big, stainless steel and to have towels are nice, but carry your own at least 2; and 2 washcloths and shower shoes. MY favorite showers are located in Ohio at the turnpike, they are big, stainless steel, have lots of hot water & FREE!@@ and if you have never used them I ask you why not?

Why.....try to do our best to stay out of Ohio :shock:

Windwalker 07-12-2006 05:15 PM

A reasonable example of how to lay out a shower.... Go to TRUCK WORLD in Hubbard, OH.

A good example of how NOT to keep them clean... Go to almost any T/A or Pilot.

movinit 07-12-2006 05:24 PM

The best shower I have ever seen is at the Little America in Flagstaff, Arizona. Big room, decent size shower (even had a separate oval tub), clean very clean, large counter space, lighted well, and nice towels too (no sandpaper there).

worldisnotenough 07-12-2006 07:31 PM

Oh I can see it now. hey dispatcher I know I just got out of training but I have got to go to Ohio and then Arizona. "Why?" asks the dispatcher. "Because I have got to try out those showers!, I hear they are the best!" lol :wink:

Sweet Dreams 07-12-2006 07:47 PM

since you asked .......

I think the best shower stalls are the ones that are shaped like a "U" they don't need a curtain or shower door - one less thing to keep clean or replace - and I would put Little America towards the top of the list - up there with Wendover - little things there like your own piped in music - and the water is always "Hot" - I learned the hard way to turn the water on before I get undressed - and carry a bottle of "Alcohol" with you :roll: I don't want those creepy little guys they show on TV living under my nails :wink:

07-12-2006 08:36 PM

As long as the shower is clean and has hot water it works for me. Guess I've been out here to long to expect much of anything else. Yes, I have taken my share of cold/lukewarm showers on the road.....heck I never expect a lot that way I'm never disappointed. :wink: