LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2012, 02:46 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Looking for regional trucking companies

Hello again..
We are in Tennessee.
I'm also searching for Regional and OTR truck companies that also operate in the Southeast.
So far I have been given. Swift. USX, Snieder and Covenant.
Thanks again
Old 06-30-2012, 05:08 PM
Senior Board Member

These are all basicly good companys to get your first year in with - - - after that if there's not been any accidents or things of that nature / your doing ... you'll be able to almost go with Any company you want to ..... Swift is bad -to twist your arm to sign a Lease ... NO NO NO .... never sign a Lease to drive their trucks (or) Anyones trucks ... that's one way they stay in business ... you'll still be at their mercy to get dispatch to give you good miles .... Snieder has a good Training program and has for years ..... I don't know anything about USX and what I have heard about Convenant is pro and con ....... Check out Snieder first. But like I said ..... no matter where you go .... you'll have to get the miles and months under your belt before moving on to another company that may pay you more and etc. ..

One thing you can do is take notes of the Trucks you see driving through you area - - stop at a truckstop and buy coffee and look at the trucks in the parking lot - - 'keep notes' .... even ask a few drivers how they feel about their company and do they roll through your area often?. After a short time you'll get a better feeling about who actually run's close to where you live .... that will make a big difference on home time or time off.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 07-02-2012, 03:20 AM
Rookie
Default Regional Trucking companies

Good idea. Thanks for the tip.. I will definitely do that..
Since,I-40 runs straight through my town, many of us locals use the hwy everyday.
It isn't hard to spot a big rig.
Old 08-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4roses View Post
These are all basicly good companys to get your first year in with - - - after that if there's not been any accidents or things of that nature / your doing ... you'll be able to almost go with Any company you want to ..... Swift is bad -to twist your arm to sign a Lease ... NO NO NO .... never sign a Lease to drive their trucks (or) Anyones trucks ... that's one way they stay in business ... you'll still be at their mercy to get dispatch to give you good miles .... Snieder has a good Training program and has for years ..... I don't know anything about USX and what I have heard about Convenant is pro and con ....... Check out Snieder first. But like I said ..... no matter where you go .... you'll have to get the miles and months under your belt before moving on to another company that may pay you more and etc. ..

One thing you can do is take notes of the Trucks you see driving through you area - - stop at a truckstop and buy coffee and look at the trucks in the parking lot - - 'keep notes' .... even ask a few drivers how they feel about their company and do they roll through your area often?. After a short time you'll get a better feeling about who actually run's close to where you live .... that will make a big difference on home time or time off.
That's fantastic information! Thank you. Living in Ct I and wanting a new career I was concerned with whom to apply to....you just gave me a fun homework assignment.

Last edited by Puppage; 08-19-2012 at 02:44 AM.