User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 08:15 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharlie View Post
I went for a few days once with my husband. Take an ass pill. My butt hurt after only a few miles. Don't normally sit so long. We had no problems but my husbands a big guy few people would risk crossing him (he looks scarier than he really is).
You always crack me up, Sharlie! Maybe, you just need a little more "cushion." EAT something! lol!

It's called "Data Mining." And Steph got all of you. Some of the best advice I've ever read, given for free, to a Company Troll.

TWO posts... one including the word "profession" when describing TRUCKING. Hasn't been back! STILL reading posts and gathering strategic info for targeting women and couples for team driving.

I give her an "A" for audacity. I wish she (or others) would just open a thread and ASK us for info that they need. Or just do a SEARCH. [Maybe the mods/admin will create a separate forum for "Questions from Employers."]

As I'm sure Steph83 has flagged this thread for updates, she will get a message in her email inbox that there is another "reply" to her thread... on THIS site. I hope she reads my response.

I will "swap" apologies with her in any manner that they are due.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:57 PM
Rookie

Hi all
I am thinking about getting my CDL and I have been looking into company paid CDL,

As a 50 yr old female,Are there any I should stay away from, and Look into further?
Also, once my training is over I want to bring my 6 Lb dog with me, Any Trucking companies that allow pets and would be a good start for a noob ?

I spoke with a truck driver at one of the rest stops,he mentioned Swift... any thought's about Swift Transport ?

And please don't get any funny Idea's I'm not trashy, I'm just researching Before
I sign a 6 to 12 month contract with anyone

( I was asking different truck drivers ,it seems they never had anything bad to say about the company they drove for ) lol

Also I've been doing research on DeBoer Transportation Inc. any feed back about them would be great! I will be sending them my application in a few days

I stay to myself and don't go out of my way ( Don't go looking for drama or problems ) I've worked around guys doing landscaping/panting/driving dump trucks,construction work,So I'm use
to the *trash talk* or Sailor talk, I'm a TomBoy, Reason I'm adding this is per the Other lady's post about having problems as a female, I wouldn't think I'd have any problem and at my age ??

Thanks for your time.
Amie

Feel free to email me with any info
[email protected]

Last edited by Amie; 05-02-2012 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Fixed wording and added DeBoer,other info
Old 05-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Board Regular

i would run like hell as my hair was on fire from cr england. ok so you want to go for the company cdl training. that has it's good points and bad points. you'll need to sighn a contract for xxx amount of time before it's paid off wich is ok. but remember cdl mills like to keep the seats cold to keep pumping the students thorugh so they can get the goverment money ontop of your tution fee!! so what happens if they find some reason to fire you they probily will screw up your dac and they will send you the bill in the mail for your tution for the full amount. recruiters are used car salesmen they will tell you what you want to hear but not what you need to hear. don't let them talk you into leasing the truck. why not research cdl tech schools. i don't know anything about deboer transportation. but i know most companies are getting rid of there pet policies because of the idling for the animal unless the truck has an apu on it and not to mention the damage fido could cause to the truck as well not saying he will.

Last edited by ground_pounder; 05-02-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:44 PM
Rookie

Sweet thanks for the Information and yes I googled APU ;p
the companies I've researched that will take pets ask for a $$ depo,which Is not a problem at all.

Again thanks for your time have a great day.
Safe travels too you and yours.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 AM
Board Regular

Your welcome for the info. Tri pak is the best apu. Glad you researched companies that take pets as most are getting rid of there pet policy unless you lease the truck don't lease the truck! Yes companies charge a deposit to take your pets wich really isn't much to ask compared to what damage an animal could do to the truck and another reason there dumping pet policies is because people with alergies. Good luck out there and safe travels.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:31 PM
Rookie

I've been lucky with my Pup (Gizmo),He'll be a year come Aug 1st. I take him pretty much every place,Walmart or wherever, He's so good, people think he's a stuffed animal,The only time I've been turned away from taking him inside some place is because normally The person who stops me dislikes animals lol Normally it's the old lady greeter at walmart who yells at me as I just look at her and keep walking,
The managers and rest of the workers love it when I bring him in.

I just lost my dad a few months ago,and other then my elderly mom, it's me and my pup, If I have too I'm willing to sign a truck lease in order to keep Gizmo and take care of my mom.
Yes I'm able to work other types of jobs, But none that will pay the $$ I need in order to help keep her house and pay for her Chemo when the time comes etc.

Not looking for a pity card, just explaining why Trucking is a must do for me, My Real father was a truck driver back in the day,that and It's something I've always wanted too do.That and
I love traveling

Hope you've have a great one so far today,Safe travels.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:10 AM

Mitchno1 why do you think I have never been in a truck? I am LMFAO as I write this, maybe its you who have never been in a truck? Would you like to see some pics of me and my truck? I drove OTR for 16 years, took off for 13 and got back in 18 months ago. I work for Joule Yacht Transport out of Clearwater Florida. I handle wide loads up to 14 feet wide could you handle a wide load? I am out for 4 to 6 weeks at a time, oh I also have a perfect record if you can believe that one too!

Well I have to go check and see if my permits came in, I am currently hauling a Carver Yacht to Riviera Beach from Wisconsin. Safe travels!...........still laughing!
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 07-26-2018, 08:28 AM
Rookie
Default ..umm..

This might seem a little frivolous, but is parking something to be worried about?
Have heard people talk about the problem with finding a parking space number of times.
Old 07-30-2018, 03:34 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie_CDL View Post
This might seem a little frivolous, but is parking something to be worried about?
Have heard people talk about the problem with finding a parking space number of times.
Parking is an issue.. The earlier you get going the better your options are. The best scenario is parking at the shippers or receivers if its allowed.. but its rarely allowed. The second best is the larger chain truckstops but you have to get in there pretty early to get a spot. A lot of these places are "reserving" parking.. its expensive, bit its an option. Rest Areas fill even earlier than truck stops do. Ramps are a bad option even if the state you are in allows it. You cannot run to the end of your hours unless you KNOW there is parking available where you will end up. Lots of drivers wait too late to find parking and run themselves into Hours of Service issues.