User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Women in trucking? NOT ENOUGH OF EM I SAY !!!!

Maybe if there were more women in trucking, all the old horny guys who act like they've never seen mush less heard a woman on the CB or at a truck stop, would be a little more respectful. It makes me sick to hear them step all over each other, trying to 'woo' her.....like they have a chance, or like she is even interested in any 'oh-la-la'.

Its either that, or there will be a couple guys who will key up the mic and perform what i like to call 'the knight in shining armor' routine. Talking all sweet and respectful, and 'coming to her rescue', when you know its all an act.

I was in Indianapolis a month or so ago, and this female driver for Star was trying to get backed in. the spot was pretty tight, and the back row at the Pilot there dont give you much room, even less when the lines are all covered up by snow, and drivers park 'wherever'. Anyway, after she finally got it parked, every guy who was in the area, keyed up their mic to tell her what a nice job she did backing into such a tight spot. Funny.....how come i never hear another male driver getting the same complement from 10 other male drivers???

maybe if there were more women drivers, the old perverted male drivers would know the female species isnt endangered.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:18 PM
Senior Board Member

I resent being called an " old perverted driver" I'm really not that old!
Old 03-30-2009, 03:20 PM
Board Regular

I don't see how having more women in trucking is going to help anything. There are always going to be jerks, no matter where you work. I am a woman and I just keep to myself. I don't get botherd too much, and I just ignore the stupid comments, they usually just shut up. I don't even bother to respont to it, it only encourages them.

By the way I have seen and heard many women drivers on the radio actually encouraging this kind of behaviour, I think some women actually like it, I guess. If these women really wanted that kind of behaviour to stop, they would stop getting on the radio and drawing attention to themselves and encouraging these jerks.
Old 03-31-2009, 03:11 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee View Post
I don't see how having more women in trucking is going to help anything. There are always going to be jerks, no matter where you work. I am a woman and I just keep to myself. I don't get botherd too much, and I just ignore the stupid comments, they usually just shut up. I don't even bother to respont to it, it only encourages them.

By the way I have seen and heard many women drivers on the radio actually encouraging this kind of behaviour, I think some women actually like it, I guess. If these women really wanted that kind of behaviour to stop, they would stop getting on the radio and drawing attention to themselves and encouraging these jerks.
agree/.....+1
Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 PM

Women in trucks, all the time at the T/A truck stop in Fontana Ca :rofl:
Old 05-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:

me too Shawnee...I just wish those "dimbulbs" would get it just how dangerous it makes it for the rest of us!

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 06-15-2009, 01:30 AM
Board Regular

yeah, I know what you mean Wildkat, if I wanted to see more women in trucking, I would at least like to see good hardworking ones like you and I, LadyNorth and the other ladies on here, ones who are in it to make a living, not like a lot of these morons I keep seeing who can't do anything without flirting with some nice man who will do it for them.
Old 06-15-2009, 01:36 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
yeah, I know what you mean Wildkat, if I wanted to see more women in trucking, I would at least like to see good hardworking ones like you and I, LadyNorth and the other ladies on here, ones who are in it to make a living, not like a lot of these morons I keep seeing who can't do anything without flirting with some nice man who will do it for them.
+1 :lol2: :lol2:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by repete View Post
I resent being called an " old perverted driver" I'm really not that old!
Well, I AM that old! But not really so perverted!

Recently, I pulled into the T/S where we butthead, and there was a good looking woman in a Werner truck kinda "smiling" at me! What was HER problem? She even gave a slight wave. Being the fine upstanding Christianlike man I am, I just smiled and waved back and then went inside to get my coffee.

You think maybe, I had a CHANCE? :eek2::hellno:

A few days later, as we came off the exit ramp to get to that same T/S, a truck was stalled in the lane in front of us. Out of fuel, as it turns out, a block from the pumps!

We couldn't BELIEVE the hip swaying "doll" that got out of the driver's seat and came towards us to ask for help! We squeezed by her truck and gave her a ride to the "stop." Not much we could do to help her, but it didn't take her long to find some guys who COULD and would!

I don't REALLY think either of those guys thought they were going to get any special treatment for helping her, but they sure didn't mind doing it!

I think MOST drivers out here KNOW what the rules and expectations are. But, it's NICE every now and then to have a woman driver show us some attention. Some guys just NEED to be a knight in shining armor now and then. It breaks up the monotony of OTR life.

A few years ago, A woman driver got out of her truck to help me slide my tandems (after I asked her to.) They were kinda stuck. I made the mistake of offering that she should get in the seat and do the driving while "I" yanked on the handle. She quickly let me know that SHE could handle the tandem bar! I ain't STOOPID.... so, I LET her! :lol2:

She was nice looking, so I asked her if I could call her sometime. (a BRAZEN move for me!) She asked for my cell number and stored it in her phone. A few miles down the road, she called and said, "NOW you can save my number and call me when you want to."

Nothing ever came of it, but we talked a few times. When it dried up, I didn't STALK her! It was just a nice experience to have while on the road.

Not that I NEEDED a lesson in respect for women.... but, that lady sure earned it!

I guess the moral of my story is that.... it doesn't HURT for women to be "nice" to a male driver now and then. We aren't ALL perverts (like Repete!) :lol2:

I KNOW it can be dangerous.... but, so is the job! Both men and women can get lonely while on the road. Doesn't mean that a smile or a cup of coffee HAS to lead to something else! JUST because a woman is secure in herself and feels she can handle what comes her way, doesn't make her "easy!"

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:42 AM
Rookie

what bothers me is when these ladies tease guys that probably haven't been with too many women in their day. when you see them, (both sexes) they're not much to look at. and they get down right nasty on the radio. shouldn't be aloud! i don't know how these girls do it out here. when i have my lady with me, i'm like a pitbull. watchin all these clowns, makin sure she doesn't get disrespected. oh yea, and i do it for the rest of you ladys as well. if something happens in front of me, it's time to party.

but like i say, i just wish there was more respect on the radio. too sad!