User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Need More Woman in Trucking

We've scheduled Ellen Voie for August 26th, 2008 at 3pm. Ellen is the Pres & CEO of WomanInTrucking.org and we'd appreciate any questions you may have for her on that day.
We were very honored she accepted our invitaion to be a guest on our show http://www.blogtalkradio.com/truthabouttrucking
Many of our own viewers, subscribers, and listeners are woman truckers and we are hoping this will be a benefit to them. Thanks,,,,Allen & Donna

TruthAboutTrucking.com
Old 08-18-2008, 04:40 AM
Board Regular

Allen is trying to sell his experience. Allen contends that his asking price of $37.00 is a bargain considering it is the "real deal". I have asked on another thread and ask again on this thread for him to post a link to the content of his material so that we can all give it a fair evaluation.

I am confident he will do so and that we will all benefit from his untested wisdom.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:33 AM
Rookie

Sorry, but I don't believe you requested a link for information? Which thread are you referring to? For the record, I come on the forums to offer information and experience, just like others do. I don't promote my site(signature?) or book, but it's apparent you've visited the site and have offered your opinion...which is fine. Those who subscribe to our newsletter and receive our free info, including articles and personal e-mail advise, are quite satisfied and appreciative of the info. We get many "God Bless You" letters, and truthfully, that is something that is appreciated more than anything. Many of those who come to our site are extremely new and have no idea about the trucking industry. They aren't aware of forums and are prime bait for the rip off schools and companies. I'm sure you're aware of all the scams out there. We promote the forums, including this, giving links to most of them. Our goal is to eduacate students and new drivers. AS far as a "link" goes to our info, there isn't any such thing. However, anyone is welcome to subscribe to our newsletter and receive the free info. We provide audios CD's and PDF CD's, so it's difficult to provide a link for these. If you'd like them , just send me an e-mail. Also, you can check out many of my free articles on Ideamarketers, e-zine, articleblast, etc. This should give you an idea of the kind of material I offer.
Hope you can join us on theBlogTalkRadio show. Your call in is welcome. I'm trying to have truckers come together and join forces to make the industry a better place. If you'd like to join the cause and be a part of it, you are indeed welcome. As I mentioned to you in the other thread, you can SKYPE me any time. When I'm not driving I'm usually at my desk answering e-mails or writing articles. If you miss me, leave a message, I'll call you back.
Look forward to hearing from you.

TruthAboutTrucking.com
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I'm sorry Allen, I've been a woman trucker for 30 years & I have not yet figured out what this Ellen person actually BRINGS to the industry for women. I have checked her website & listened to her on various talk shows & all I get is that she has no PRACTICAL trucking experience & wants special status for women truckers...and THAT is a detriment to all women actually working in the industry.

You see that is the major problem with all the "so called experts" that seem to keep popping up in this industry...they are all "talk", but I can guarantee you, after listening to them for about 10 seconds, I for one, can tell they haven't spent 10 seconds behind the wheel actually WORKING.

And, if you want some REAL WORLD insight to what it is truly like in the trucking industry then you should go to experienced truckers. But, unfortunately no one will ever do that cause they don't want to find out what it's REALLY like.

Talk to folks like GMAN, or some of the other truly EXPERIENCED people on this board & you might actually learn something about the industry.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildkat
I'm sorry Allen, I've been a woman trucker for 30 years & I have not yet figured out what this Ellen person actually BRINGS to the industry for women. I have checked her website & listened to her on various talk shows & all I get is that she has no PRACTICAL trucking experience & wants special status for women truckers...and THAT is a detriment to all women actually working in the industry.

You see that is the major problem with all the "so called experts" that seem to keep popping up in this industry...they are all "talk", but I can guarantee you, after listening to them for about 10 seconds, I for one, can tell they haven't spent 10 seconds behind the wheel actually WORKING.

And, if you want some REAL WORLD insight to what it is truly like in the trucking industry then you should go to experienced truckers. But, unfortunately no one will ever do that cause they don't want to find out what it's REALLY like.

Talk to folks like GMAN, or some of the other truly EXPERIENCED people on this board & you might actually learn something about the industry.

Did you get that Allen??? :lol:

Quote:
Many of those who come to our site are extremely new and have no idea about the trucking industry.
That is why they will thank ANYBODY for BS information. Do you ever ask yourself why someone with YEARS behind the wheel ( Wildkat ) calls BS on what you sell??? Just saying!! :wink:
Old 08-18-2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Board Member

BTW: Wildkat.......... you rock!!!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Better be careful there BUD...I may take you up on that proposal you made awhile back...but then you might have to get in line with CountryHorseman...as he made the same one! LMAO

Thanks!

BTW I checked this guys website & he "claims" to be an "experienced" driver, but then anybody can "claim" to be anything right?

I just don't see it myself...maybe I'm just getting cynical in my "old age"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Better be careful there BUD...I may take you up on that proposal you made awhile back...but then you might have to get in line with CountryHorseman...as he made the same one! LMAO

:shock: Oh He!! What did I do now??? :lol:

Thanks!

BTW I checked this guys website & he "claims" to be an "experienced" driver, but then anybody can "claim" to be anything right?

I just don't see it myself...maybe I'm just getting cynical in my "old age"! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, he's so much cooler on-line. :lol: :wink:
Old 08-18-2008, 02:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:

Thanks!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-18-2008, 02:27 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
Quote:

Thanks!

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did I do good???? :lol: