User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default 68 miles per hr for all big trucks Important

all the big company's are at it again. They have a device to put into big trucks that would make big trucks go 68 miles per hr.
They want to make this law.

What a mess that would be!

We have till 3/28/07. Too put our input to the department of transportation.

I talking to those driver who also work for these big company's cuz one day you might want to work somewhere else. A better company that allows you to go faster and possible you may want to get your own big truck.
My opinion is big company's want no competition
Big company are greedy.
Please email the dept of transportation and let them know what a mess that could be.
Tell them about Ohio raising the toll speed limit and how fatality accidents have gone 60 % down since they up the speed limit from 55miles per hr to 65 miles per hr.

Split speed limits do not work and are very dangerous
Old 03-17-2007, 07:02 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: 68 miles per hr for all big trucks Important

Quote:
Originally Posted by looker
all the big company's are at it again. They have a device to put into big trucks that would make big trucks go 68 miles per hr.
They want to make this law.

What a mess that would be!

We have till 3/28/07. Too put our input to the department of transportation.

I talking to those driver who also work for these big company's cuz one day you might want to work somewhere else. A better company that allows you to go faster and possible you may want to get your own big truck.
My opinion is big company's want no competition
Big company are greedy.
Please email the dept of transportation and let them know what a mess that could be.
Tell them about Ohio raising the toll speed limit and how fatality accidents have gone 60 % down since they up the speed limit from 55miles per hr to 65 miles per hr.

Split speed limits do not work and are very dangerous
O/O with own authority
Old 03-17-2007, 07:09 PM

that doesn't mean your company is going to raise your governed truck to 68. sorry not improvement.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:45 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

I don't really understand what all the fuss is about with these governed speeds EXCEPT is your states where the speed limits are higher than what you are governed at. Split speed limits ARE definitely dangerous! I recall when I used to run stateside a few years back the company I ran for had us governed (company trucks) at 62 mph & I got ran into 3 times from behind! Scary really.

Up here the highest posted spped limit is roughly 70mph & that is on 4 lane highways. True most 4 wheelers exceed that by up 20 mph, but who cares about them. Most companies up here have speed limits for company truck set at 65 mph or less anyway.

BUT, that being said I DON'T like the idea of the gov't TELLING me my truck must be governed to a certain speed.

All these safety advocates are trying to blame trucks for the amount of accidents on our highways. I heard that down there trucks cause less than 3% of all accidents & up here it is 0.01%. The trouble is that when we DO have an accident it is BIG!

What we need to realize is that we are PROFESSIONALS, and we need to do absolutely EVERYTHING we can to watch ourselves out there. We have all seen the IDIOT behind the wheel, and he's(she's) the one who gives the rest of us the bad name.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 03-17-2007, 08:50 PM

wildkat: You are a very experienced trucker, have you ever ran the 401 between Montreal and Toronto? There is a highway that could use speed limiters. The average speed of trucks there is 120kms/hr.

But seriously, I think speed limiters in the long run, are not the solution. My company used to govern my truck to about 110km/hr. The one I have now they forgot to govern it. And I like it that way.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Cheers!

Annie
Old 03-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joettanne
wildkat: You are a very experienced trucker, have you ever ran the 401 between Montreal and Toronto? There is a highway that could use speed limiters. The average speed of trucks there is 120kms/hr.

But seriously, I think speed limiters in the long run, are not the solution. My company used to govern my truck to about 110km/hr. The one I have now they forgot to govern it. And I like it that way.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Cheers!

Annie
Yep, nasty highway that one...Am sure glad that Canada runs north/south instead of east/west these days I much prefer the Arctic! :lol:

Agreed, speed limiters are not the solution...UNLESS they put em on 4 wheelers too...like THAT'S gonna happen! :roll:

I own my truck, it is ungoverned...well 100 mph I never give it any thought. I pull LCV, it's against the law to exceed 100 kph. So governers are a non issue.

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up!"
Old 03-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Board Regular

while i don't really run more than 65-68 mph to save fuel, I don't like the idea of having to be contolled to do it, I don't know why the different states and provinces don't just enforce the speed limits they have, and raise the fines where nobody can afford to speed.

the problem is that nobody is enforcing the rules and you have cars and trucks doing 20,30 + mph over the limit on the 401, When they had photo radar, everybody slowed down

Again, it is the big companies like Schnieder that are all for these ridiculous rules to make it impossible for the little guys to make a living
Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 AM
Board Bitch
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnee
while i don't really run more than 65-68 mph to save fuel, I don't like the idea of having to be contolled to do it, I don't know why the different states and provinces don't just enforce the speed limits they have, and raise the fines where nobody can afford to speed.

the problem is that nobody is enforcing the rules and you have cars and trucks doing 20,30 + mph over the limit on the 401, When they had photo radar, everybody slowed down

Again, it is the big companies like Schnieder that are all for these ridiculous rules to make it impossible for the little guys to make a living
EXACTLY! I pay for my fuel, so is my best interes NOT to speed...waste fuel.

You are absolutely right Shawnee. ENFORCE the damned rules & this would be a non issue!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:21 AM
Board Regular

Maybe laws governing speed for all would be good, but more and more laws is bad.