Old 10-23-2006, 03:06 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrylamar
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
you must have mixed me up with someone else because NOWHERE in all my posts on this Did I say "I'm trying to Prevent you"??
I've been around guns and Weapons since I was a Little kid too and I think it must have been longer cuz I'm guessing I'm older than you.
About "Not being Prepared" I'm ALWAYS prepared. that was part of my military training.
I can find it if you wish, your comment about the two trukers mixing it up on the CB and one shooting another citing this as an example of why it is not a good idea for weapons in trucks. I'm 50, I doubt you are much older than me.
That was not Yoopr. That was ME!!!!

And, I'm 61... Does that count?????

Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 AM
Board Regular
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
yep I'm older-FInd the comment that I said I'm "Preventing" you from carrying.
Not too much worse than somebody putting words in my mouth.

yoopr--You did post this on the other concealed weapon topic.--
"It's been argued on here forever on other posts and You're right. I'm Definitely against Gun Control but when it comes to carrying while driving Trucks it's a No Brainer. Just listen to the CB late at night. I wouldn't want these guys carrying a weapon."

Of course you can't prevent anyone from carrying but you sure do like to argue and make sly comments. Is that what a moderator does?

[/code]
Old 10-23-2006, 03:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:
Quote:
you must have mixed me up with someone else because NOWHERE in all my posts on this Did I say "I'm trying to Prevent you"??
I've been around guns and Weapons since I was a Little kid too and I think it must have been longer cuz I'm guessing I'm older than you.
About "Not being Prepared" I'm ALWAYS prepared. that was part of my military training.
I can find it if you wish, your comment about the two trukers mixing it up on the CB and one shooting another citing this as an example of why it is not a good idea for weapons in trucks. I'm 50, I doubt you are much older than me.
That was not Yoopr. That was ME!!!!And, I'm 61... Does that count?????
Yes it was. Yoopr quoted you without giving you credit. I took it as his words. This is not a pissing contest about who is older, there will always be someone older, bigger, smarter.... I was just establishing I wasn't a young pup. While I have been around firearms since I was a young boy, my exposure to firearms in latter years has been quite extensive. I probably handle more firearms in a months time than most will in their entire lives.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:38 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Yes it was. Yoopr quoted you without giving you credit. I took it as his words. This is not a pissing contest about who is older, there will always be someone older, bigger, smarter.... I was just establishing I wasn't a young pup. While I have been around firearms since I was a young boy, my exposure to firearms in latter years has been quite extensive. I probably handle more firearms in a months time than most will in their entire lives.
Handling firearms is one thing. Target shooting and hunting are fine. But, when you're talking about carrying one in order to protect yourself, it means the possibillity of shooting another human being. Ever have to do that? One second's hesitation, and you could be very dead. Then, if you MISSINTURPRET someone's intentions, you could find yourself in a whole lot of hot water. Carrying might be fine in your home state, but use it in another state and it could be a very long time before you get home again. Also, check Federal Regs about carrying any firearm in a CMV.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:51 AM
Senior Board Member

"Also, check Federal Regs about carrying any firearm in a CMV."

Please point me in the right direction. Anyone? Once you look and you get tired of looking, realize, that there are no Federal restrictions.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:57 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
yep I'm older-FInd the comment that I said I'm "Preventing" you from carrying.
Not too much worse than somebody putting words in my mouth.
yoopr wrote "I know of one ocassion when CB RAMBO pulled his truck off behind another truck, and put two pieces of 9MM lead into another driver.

Which proved my point on what I said on this Endless Thread many moons ago"
Sorry but that Wasn't ME that said that-I remember when it was said and It wasn't me-Try Again :roll:
Old 10-23-2006, 04:01 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No it wasn't AGAIN and no you haven't been around firearms longer than me AND I know you're new here but when you use the quote feature you don't give credit to someone you're replying to.
I was quoting Windwalker-You were caught putting words in my mouth.
Have no clue why you think I'm "Not much older than you" seeing that i've posted many times that I started driving in "78
Sometimes I copy and paste when replying to someone

This is what I said:
"It's been argued on here forever on other posts and You're right. I'm Definitely against Gun Control but when it comes to carrying while driving Trucks it's a No Brainer. Just listen to the CB late at night. I wouldn't want these guys carrying a weapon."

This is hardly trying to prevent someone from carrying-IF you read what i'm saying is These CB Rambo's I don't want to have a weapon within a mile of them.
Wanna carry a weapon-Go for it-If the DOT inspects your truck don't be shocked and Awed if things don't go well for you while you're reciteing your gun rights.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No it wasn't AGAIN and no you haven't been around firearms longer than me

I made it clear that while I may have not been around firearms longer, I said I have been around more firearms. I have had an FFL for over 12 years. I am a fulltime gunsmith and I sell alot of firearms, many thousands. That doesn't even count my 18 years in the military.

AND I know you're new here but when you use the quote feature you don't give credit to someone you're replying to.

When you use the quote feature it automatically attributes the quote to the original poster, at least it has every time I have used it.

I was quoting Windwalker-You were caught putting words in my mouth.

A simple mistake because quotes were not used.

Have no clue why you think I'm "Not much older than you" seeing that i've posted many times that I started driving in "78

It is a long time, but meaningless to me, since I don't know what you did before this or how old you were.

Sometimes I copy and paste when replying to someone

This is not the same as quoting. When you do this it looks like they are your words.

This is what I said:

This is gun control. If they are abusing the CB, outlaw them.

This is hardly trying to prevent someone from carrying-IF you read what i'm saying is These CB Rambo's I don't want to have a weapon within a mile of them.

Unless it is on me!

Wanna carry a weapon-Go for it-If the DOT inspects your truck don't be shocked and Awed if things don't go well for you while you're reciteing your gun rights.
Again, no reference to what law I would be breaking. Sure, they might arrest me, but if I am breaking no law I will win.

Sorry I tried to put my responses in red, it didn't work.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:50 AM
Board Icon

I'm sure they'll let you know
Old 10-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Board Icon

I've never had reason to look it up in Fed Regs, but the Regs vary from one state to the next. Can you recite the Regs for every state you will be going through? Or do you have a Federal Permit, like an FBI agent or a U S MARSHALL, to cover you carrying in any state in the country? Some states, not sure but I think VA is one of them, require that you register your weapons before you enter the state when transporting them through the state. Fail to do that, and it will take you much more time to get out of the state than it did to get in. I think OH has something like that too. In the last 2 1/2 years, my truck has been searched by DOT on 3 ocassions. That's not counting the times it was searched crossing into Canada. You don't get to see what they are looking into. You get to stand behind the truck with one officer, while 2 or 3 are going through the tractor. Do you want to be carrying when they are doing that? To give you an idea just how thorough they are, they found a toll ticket from back in 2002. I didn't even own the truck back then. And, I thought I had it completely cleaned out of everything before I put my things in. I have no idea where they found it. If they can find that, try to hide a weapon.

I know there are guys that carry. My brother-in-law was one that did. He got a wake-up call one day. They didn't find it, but he stopped carrying. He says "NEVER AGAIN". He doesn't feel like sweating it out again while they're going through his truck.

At one time, I did carry a SIGNAL LAUNCHER. I don't do that anymore. At one time, I carried my USMC KABAR... Don't do that anymore either. Now, I carry a hammer and screwdriver. I even get into Canada with them. Even talked to Canadian Customs about how they can be used as weapons, but as long as their laws do not identify them as weapons, it's okay. Do what you want, but be aware of what can happen if anything is discovered.