Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

[quote="Rob_0126"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Bunny
Guns aren't outlawed they just have no place in a truck. If you would scroll down in this section or do a search this has been discussed in length.

Most companies have a no tolerance policy for guns aboard trucks. Also don't even think about crossing the border with one aboard. Canada also has a no tolerance policy....you could find yourself in a square room that isn't going to be nearly as nice as you think. :shock:
only problem is, that pesky 2nd amendment gets in the way. sure the founding fathers didnt plan on us driving vehicles but its obvious non the less. i can protect myself at home with a gun, or in my car, why not on the road where its exponentially more dangerous?

Ive been to places that would warrant an ak47 for protection. Maybe a special course for drivers to go thru to help them understand precausions, but if a US senator can have armed bodyguards, why cant I have my ole buddy Ruger backing me up?[/quote

Because he is a government worker (pun on words) and exempts himself from laws for the commoners. The UN is pushing hard right now to outlaw guns worldwide. It may be illegal for you to even own a gun in the U.S. shortly, even in your own home. :evil:
Old 07-16-2006, 01:42 AM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'm still trying to figure out if you are that scared behind the wheel of an 80,000 lb weapon why exactly are you doing this job?

You can't carry one for the simple fact the laws are different in every state and you are to abide by the laws of the state you are traveling in. :roll:

We have been down this road how many times....no you can't have one. If you a company drive what are your rules? If you are caught you will more and likely be fired. Do you just have trouble following the rules? :shock:

Difference between home & the road. Home you are stationary not going anywhere lived by the rules of the state, city or county. Trucking you are moving...it's a no no just live with it. It's just like the hours we are now limited to drive....it's a rule. DO IT!
Old 07-16-2006, 01:59 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bush Bunny
I'm still trying to figure out if you are that scared behind the wheel of an 80,000 lb weapon why exactly are you doing this job?

You can't carry one for the simple fact the laws are different in every state and you are to abide by the laws of the state you are traveling in. :roll:

We have been down this road how many times....no you can't have one. If you a company drive what are your rules? If you are caught you will more and likely be fired. Do you just have trouble following the rules? :shock:

Difference between home & the road. Home you are stationary not going anywhere lived by the rules of the state, city or county. Trucking you are moving...it's a no no just live with it. It's just like the hours we are now limited to drive....it's a rule. DO IT!

First off, I dont consider my 80000 lb truck to be a weapon and would not use it as such.

It's very easy to get into a truck while someone is sleeping, which is why a gun would be good close by your bed. Having a gun with you has nothing to do with 'manhood'. Only a fool would think he can take on any kind of threat with strength alone. The obvious scenarios abound and Im sure I dont need to give you any.

2nd, since the laws vary from state to state, it needs to be a federal thing for us to carry since we are under federal jurisdiction anyways.

I do not have trouble following the rules. However, when the rules trump the rights abided by me in the constitution, yeh, it 'urks' me quite a bit. NO job is worth my life, period!

And dont sit here and lecture me on rules following. I do my job by following the rules. As a matter of fact, the American public by large is the only group in the US to actually follow the rules, that lawmakers that break them, made for us.

Travelling from state to state warrants some kind of protection BECAUSE we are travelling in unknown areas. It's stupid to think that we are safer in a truck, than our own home.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:07 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN
Because he is a government worker (pun on words) and exempts himself from laws for the commoners. The UN is pushing hard right now to outlaw guns worldwide. It may be illegal for you to even own a gun in the U.S. shortly, even in your own home. :evil:
Yeh, this will never happen. If the UN ever managed to pass something like that, name one American that would actually give up their firearm?
Old 07-16-2006, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_0126
First off, I dont consider my 80000 lb truck to be a weapon and would not use it as such. It's very easy to get into a truck while someone is sleeping, which is why a gun would be good close by.

2nd, since the laws vary from state to state, it needs to be a federal thing for us to carry since we are under federal jurisdiction anyways.

However, when teh rules trump the rights abided by me in the constitution, yeh, it 'urks' me quite a bit.

Travelling from state to state warrants some kind of protection BECAUSE we are travelling in unknown areas.
Can you not hear/feel when someone has step on your first step of the truck? I can feel the truck shift. I drive team and if we should find ourselves parked he can tell when someone has bumped into the truck. Guess we are geared to listening for certain things.

I have never been that afraid to carry a gun in the truck. I carry a baseball bat on some occassions through a truckstop alone but most of the time not.

Where are you exactly traveling state to state that warrants a gun? I've been in some pretty seedy places over the years but never thought about carrying a gun.

Just so you know....I'm before the glorious "federal CDL plan" so I don't care for them to be anymore involved in my livelhood than they already are.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:11 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

It has become increasingly difficult for law abiding citizens to protect themselves. I no longer carry a gun with me because of the reasons Bush Bunny stated. You cannot possibly comply with the laws of every jurisdiction in which you travel. There are some crazy laws on the books in some states, such as New York, Massachusetts, etc., You see, they don't recognize the U.S. Constitution. They make their own rules. In addition, if you enter a military reservation, you could also be charged and convicted of weapons charges. I know of a couple of instances where this has happened. Crossing the Canadian border could land you in prison, a big fine and you could lose your truck. It just isn't worth it until laws are changed. There are also some crazy people out here with a CDL. They have no respect for themselves or anyone else out here. Just listen to the CB. :?
Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Ok forget carrying legally.

Could you hide it somewhere in the cab? I mean if I was delivering goods to south Chicago all the time I'd say to hell with the laws a and have a small pistol on board.

After all sitting in a square room is better than laying in a square box
Old 07-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I can't say that you can put a gun anywhere legally in your truck. There may be places where a gun would not readily be found, unless searched. You will need to check all jurisdictions to see what the laws are in those areas. You will still be taking a chance.
Old 07-20-2006, 06:42 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy
Ok forget carrying legally.

Could you hide it somewhere in the cab? I mean if I was delivering goods to south Chicago all the time I'd say to hell with the laws a and have a small pistol on board.

After all sitting in a square room is better than laying in a square box
If I were delivering goods in south Chicago all the time, I'd find a different job. And FAST!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

By using "paint ball technolgy" you could build a device to shoot razor darts, or something.

I cant believe I said that...

but safety is important,and it should be understood and encourged.