Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   We Make a Great Team (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/we-make-great-team-12/)
-   -   Need a co-driver (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/we-make-great-team/44604-need-co-driver.html)

uhoh 03-18-2014 04:04 PM

Need a co-driver

Haul electronics in a temp. controlled unit. I pay by the month, regardless of miles. I pay a weeks home time. I buy one meal a day, while on the road. [email protected]

JewelsnTools 05-13-2014 07:14 PM

Uhoh...Famous last words!! Been there, backed into it! lol

Quick questions: Where do you haul? From where to where? Are you the early bird or the night owl? Smoker/smoke-free? Hazmat required? Loading or no-touch? Cross any borders?

Yes. I'm nosy! :)
Jewels

uhoh 05-17-2014 11:34 PM

I cover all 48 states, It does not matter, to me, if I drive nights or days. Splitting the night seems to work best for all concerned. I do smoke. Hazmat is not required, but we are getting friendly nudges, from the carrier, to get it. There is little loading, mainly placing loading bars and straps.

JewelsnTools 05-19-2014 01:16 AM

Uhoh,
Thanks for getting back to this!
Have you found anyone yet? Splitting the night seems like it would be the way to go, for a team. Forgive me, but I seem to have wrongly assumed you were running your own unit. My last company colored all over my DAC (erroneously) wif a black crayon... Oh well..
Your offer sounds interesting, though. I'm really sort of surprised that you haven't gotten more of a response! I hope you find solid, safe co-driver to share the road with!
Jewels

uhoh 07-08-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools (Post 530596)
Uhoh,
Thanks for getting back to this!
Have you found anyone yet? Splitting the night seems like it would be the way to go, for a team. Forgive me, but I seem to have wrongly assumed you were running your own unit. My last company colored all over my DAC (erroneously) wif a black crayon... Oh well..
Your offer sounds interesting, though. I'm really sort of surprised that you haven't gotten more of a response! I hope you find solid, safe co-driver to share the road with!
Jewels

I do run my own truck, just bought a 144" big bunk. Still looking for the right person. I currently have a driver, but I have my doubts on his longevity. Contact me, let's see what compensation can be worked out.

JewelsnTools 07-31-2014 05:11 AM

U got mail!!!! :)

HOT DAMN! YOU GOT MAIL! lol
We need to sit down and have a few mugs of coffee, and hammer out some details, Man!!!
Jewels
P.S., Congratulations on the truck purchase! That sounds like progress!!

JewelsnTools 08-03-2014 11:40 PM

Oh well...back to the old drawing board!

Uh..Uhoh?

I'm not sure what happened, but when I attempted to email you (at the address given above), it returned an error message!
Now, being the Metaphysical Minded creature that I am, I'm going to take that as a huge hint...it wasn't the right move.
Damn. Well, I still hope you're able to find a safe, ethical driver whose driving style and skill allows you to sleep while moving!
Back to removing the GRAFFITI from my DAC, I suppose!
Jewels

uhoh 11-05-2014 02:22 AM

Just saw the post. Still need the right person. [email protected]. Look forward to hearing from you!

uhoh 07-29-2015 03:15 AM

The young man I had hired needs to go home, to raise his kids. He and I hate it, but it is what it is. Therefore I need to fill the position. I pay by the day, weekly average is 800.00 to 1,225.00. There will be a $10,000.00 bonus at the end of a complete year and yearly thereafter. We move museum art. Can be out 3 weeks to 3 months. I live south of Dallas. That would be a good location to reside in, or the San Fransico area. Second seat drives nights, I deal with the docks and daytime traffic jams. 214-208-4461

syl77dar 08-11-2015 09:00 PM

Have you found a co driver yet? Please email me at [email protected]

uhoh 08-12-2015 11:09 PM

Yes Ma'am , I'm still needing a team driver

uhoh 01-21-2016 05:07 PM

Ready to make some money?

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhoh (Post 535139)
Yes Ma'am , I'm still needing a team driver

I an still looking to fill the position.

JewelsnTools 01-22-2016 04:31 AM

Hey, Uhoh!
I'm genuinely surprised that you're still looking for a team partner. Either you're a real BEAR to work with (lol), or that "3 weeks to 3 months" thing has got folks skeered!
It sounded like you didn't really want to see the young man go--I'm sure he felt the same. I hope you shared that with him. It would probably have boosted his spirits as he remade his life, at home.
Have you interviewed many? You said, earlier, that it would be good if your co-driver lived either near Dallas or San Francisco. Is this still the case?
I'm just being nosy, and surprised, about your not already having been inundated with phone calls about this position!
I've, regretfully, accepted my defeat, so now I'm back to being a 4-wheeler (hiss, boo!)...
Hope you're well, and that you soon find yourself a co-driver!
Jewels

uhoh 01-22-2016 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JewelsnTools (Post 536465)
Hey, I'm genuinely surprised that you're still looking for a team partner. Either you're a real BEAR to work with (lol), or that "3 weeks to 3 months" thing has got folks skeered!
It sounded like you didn't really want to see the young man go--I'm sure he felt the same. I hope you shared that with him. It would probably have boosted his spirits as he remade his life, at home.
Have you interviewed many? You said, earlier, that it would be good if your co-driver lived either near Dallas or San Francisco. Is this still the case?
I'm just being nosy, and surprised, about your not already having been inundated with phone calls about this position!
I've, regretfully, accepted my defeat, so now I'm back to being a 4-wheeler (hiss, boo!)...
Hope you're well, and that you soon find yourself a co-driver!
Jewels

I think the time out is a deterrent . Very seldom does it run more than 3 to 4 weeks out. I would think with all the unhappy drivers, at companies like: CRST, US Express, etc someone would want to improve their income and truck conditions. This is great industry to get into. I haul very little electronics. 95%, of the time I relocate Museum Art. These Clients ove to see us and they convey that. We have a lot of help loading and unloading, mostly we just set straps.

uhoh 01-22-2016 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhoh (Post 529798)
Haul electronics in a temp. controlled unit. I pay by the month, regardless of miles. I pay a weeks home time. I buy one meal a day, while on the road. [email protected]

I have changed the pay schedule . I pay by the day. Loaded pays $175.00, unloaded pays $100.00. Every yearly anniversary, I pay a $10,000.00 bonus. Yearly average will range between $62,000.00 to $72,000.00. If we were to set for a week, waiting to load, a person still makes $700.00 for that week. There have only been a couple of times, within the last couple of years, that I have sat that long. I have gotten the Insurance Company to lower the experience level down to 4 to 5 months . But the background check needs to be clean. A speeding ticket is doable. 214-208-4461

uhoh 01-22-2016 12:53 PM

Pay change!

JewelsnTools 01-22-2016 08:52 PM

Not so sure it's so much the pay that's the issue here...

Uhoh-
Honestly, I don't think that the pay is so much the issue, here, as the time out. Even with excellent pay, if you don't see home often enough to share the wealth, what's the point?
Can anything be done about altering the time schedule, or the time out? No, you don't have to answer, but that might be more of what's needed. Especially since you've begun to "pay by the day"...
Jewels

JewelsnTools 01-26-2016 03:06 AM

Have you found your co-driver? If so, congratulations!
IF NOT-GET. IN. TOUCH. WITH. ME. AS. SOON. AS. POSSIBLE. PERIOD.
Jewels
P.S., Is that number still good?

uhoh 01-26-2016 01:11 PM

I am still needing someone. 214-208-4461

JewelsnTools 02-02-2016 12:23 AM

That was soooo much fun!!!! Yaaaaaaayyyyyy!!!!!

Uhoh!!! What a TOTAL BLAST!!! I'm herding all my ducks, in a forced march, into a straight row! I'll be contacting you once I get everything ready. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL TRUCK! swoooooonnnnn!!!
For anyone who's ever doubted that GREAT EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS ARE TO BE HAD HERE AT CAD--DON'T DOUBT!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jewels

JewelsnTools 02-14-2016 03:47 AM

Guess they're right when they say not to count your chickens before they hatch. Sad face, dropped tail.
We had a huge misunderstanding and the deal went straight down the...um...swirl. Oh well.
I thought I'd be courteous and mention that he may still, in fact, be looking for a co-driver, since I won't be taking the job.
Jewels

uhoh 04-01-2016 10:54 AM

Thanks, the position is filled.

uhoh 04-28-2016 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uhoh (Post 537371)
Thanks, the position is filled.

This position is NOT filled. Person can't make the transition from solo, to team. Call 214-208-4461