Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   We Make a Great Team (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/we-make-great-team-12/)
-   -   Looking for work (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/we-make-great-team/39279-looking-work.html)

annie7680 12-29-2009 05:12 PM

Looking for work

HELP!!!! :eek1: LOL

All kidding aside. I have been to this website numerous times for advice (by the way, thanks for all the adivce in the thread I posted called Nervous. Much appreciated.) I finished school about a month ago and decided to spend the holidays at home befor going to work. Well in the time that I graduated and now, things happened. More specifically, I got attacked by my mom's pit bull and ended up with 15 stitches. I am fine, however, I am having to pay about $600 in hospital bills plus my loans for the trucking school are coming due soon. So far, everywhere I have applied to are not hiring new grads, not hiring from Michigan, or have nothing open. My hope was to sign on with Werner at the first of the year (I was pre-hired too). But when I called to set up my orientation date, I was told they are no longer hiring in the Detroit area but to call back every week to see what had opened up (I did yesterday and the recruiter I have been working with expects things to pick back up after the first of the year). I always was told that PAM wants me to reapply after the first of the year as well, as that's when they are going to be hiring new grads again. But I need more than two prospects. I'm not a stranger to job hunting in the corporate world but I am in trucking. So I was hoping that somebody would know of companies that are hiring (or will be hiring at the first of the year) new graduates from Michigan. As always, advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

GMAN 12-29-2009 10:28 PM

I am sorry to hear about the pit bull attack. Some training companies have reduced or eliminated their programs. Some names that are mentioned here are Roehl, Millis, Swift, Covenant and U.S. Xpress. I don't have any idea if any of them are still hiring inexperienced drivers, but I would call anyway. There is a company listing on this website at the top of the page. You might click on that and follow the links. Qualifications are listed by type of freight and I believe hiring area. If there are any truck stops near you I would make a visit and pick up some of the free trucking magazines. Many carriers are listed. Your former school should also be able to help you find something. Another area that I would pursue is your local state employment office. They often have job postings for carriers. As you know the economy is down and many carriers are not hiring. It may take some leg work to find the right job. Good luck.

syl77dar 05-06-2010 10:41 AM

email me directly at [email protected]

Steel Horse Cowboy 07-19-2010 02:31 AM

I would have had you hop on board and run team but now I'm on a dedicated run so thats a no-go.

Have you looked into STAR Transportation out of IL ??? They hire new drivers and run MI and all over.... just some FYI

syl77dar 03-19-2011 04:00 AM

are you working and driving now?

thumper6510 12-07-2011 12:05 AM

Hi, my name is Scott, I see it's been a while since you were in here, I don't know if your interested but I have an offer for you...the company is based out of Michigan and we would be running to Arizona and back, the would be around $1800 a a week each. if your interested give me a shout

Dmitch 07-16-2019 08:17 PM

Team

Quote:

Originally Posted by annie7680 (Post 471326)
HELP!!!! :eek1: LOL

All kidding aside. I have been to this website numerous times for advice (by the way, thanks for all the adivce in the thread I posted called Nervous. Much appreciated.) I finished school about a month ago and decided to spend the holidays at home befor going to work. Well in the time that I graduated and now, things happened. More specifically, I got attacked by my mom's pit bull and ended up with 15 stitches. I am fine, however, I am having to pay about $600 in hospital bills plus my loans for the trucking school are coming due soon. So far, everywhere I have applied to are not hiring new grads, not hiring from Michigan, or have nothing open. My hope was to sign on with Werner at the first of the year (I was pre-hired too). But when I called to set up my orientation date, I was told they are no longer hiring in the Detroit area but to call back every week to see what had opened up (I did yesterday and the recruiter I have been working with expects things to pick back up after the first of the year). I always was told that PAM wants me to reapply after the first of the year as well, as that's when they are going to be hiring new grads again. But I need more than two prospects. I'm not a stranger to job hunting in the corporate world but I am in trucking. So I was hoping that somebody would know of companies that are hiring (or will be hiring at the first of the year) new graduates from Michigan. As always, advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

Hi would like to talk about teaming