User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 07:09 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default recent Ohio CDL graduate looking to possibly team

I am a recent truck driving school graduate, with all my endorsements, looking to possibly team. I am a 39 year old male smoker, located by Cleveland, Ohio. Want to log as many miles as legally able.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
Board Regular

I may be sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong, but make darned sure you really want to team as your first assignment. Spending all day, every day, with another human being in that small a space can become a nightmare! Not to mention the very real difficulties some people have with being able to sleep in a moving vehicle..
Have you considered some of the training companies? You'd get to go with a trainer for anywhere from 4-8 weeks, and then you'd be on your own. That would give you a taste of what teaming was like, and you'd have someone there you could ask questions to.
No matter what, welcome to your new career. The industry's sort of taking a beating, but this, too, shall pass---and we'll all go back to making great money!!!
Good luck!
Jewels