User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 02:12 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CRST 3 man teams

I've been a local driver for 27 years ( Flat bed, tanker, and end dump ) I'm thinking about making a carrier change. I currently go out on the road when work at home is slow. Well the past two years have been really slow and it doesn't look any better in the near future ( money is getting really tight ).

I know the place to make money is out on the road, but its so totally different from what I am used to and I find it a little overwhelming at times.

I think I would enjoy it more if I was teaming with someone. How do you go about finding the right people to team with. I'm a single male, I don't smoke, I don't stay in truckstops any longer then it takes to get a shower, a meal and fuel. I believe very strongly in personal hygiene. I'm terrified of getting stuck with someone who thinks a shower once or twice a week is good enough.

But when you do get stuck somewhere for a few days it would be really nice to have someone to go out with and see the sights with rather then just sit around a truck stop.

Although my biggest reason for teaming is having someone weather it be me or the other person sitting in the right seat looking for your exits and streets when your in a big city trying to find your pickup and delivery points.

As a local driver I work mostly in Northern MN, where at times you can drive for miles without ever meeting another vehicle. So you can see why I find big Cities a little overwhelming.

If there is anyone reading this that has done or is doing the 3 man teams with CRST please email me with info on how well that is working. I guess I'm really interested in that job becuase with the days off they give you I will still be able to stay involved in my local fire dept - which really means alot to me. Although paying the bills means more.
Old 11-10-2007, 05:03 PM
Board Regular

Hi, I've heard that the rotation of Team drivers in CRST can also cause delays. For instance, if the next driver stays home longer or if you need a different assignment to get away from the driver who you might find irritating, you could be delayed until a driver shows up or a new driver located. Teams work if the other driver is in your hometown or close to it. Otherwise any hometime for one or the other can shut the single driver down. Some people like getting an extra day at the house, that could throw a CRST team off it's schedule.

Your Team driver becomes another significant-other.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Senior Board Member

First thing crst sucks ! solo is the only way to go !!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:00 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: CRST 3 man teams

I have heard good and bad about crst, schneider is also hiring teams have a look at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Erickson
I've been a local driver for 27 years ( Flat bed, tanker, and end dump ) I'm thinking about making a carrier change. I currently go out on the road when work at home is slow. Well the past two years have been really slow and it doesn't look any better in the near future ( money is getting really tight ).

I know the place to make money is out on the road, but its so totally different from what I am used to and I find it a little overwhelming at times.

I think I would enjoy it more if I was teaming with someone. How do you go about finding the right people to team with. I'm a single male, I don't smoke, I don't stay in truckstops any longer then it takes to get a shower, a meal and fuel. I believe very strongly in personal hygiene. I'm terrified of getting stuck with someone who thinks a shower once or twice a week is good enough.

But when you do get stuck somewhere for a few days it would be really nice to have someone to go out with and see the sights with rather then just sit around a truck stop.

Although my biggest reason for teaming is having someone weather it be me or the other person sitting in the right seat looking for your exits and streets when your in a big city trying to find your pickup and delivery points.

As a local driver I work mostly in Northern MN, where at times you can drive for miles without ever meeting another vehicle. So you can see why I find big Cities a little overwhelming.

If there is anyone reading this that has done or is doing the 3 man teams with CRST please email me with info on how well that is working. I guess I'm really interested in that job becuase with the days off they give you I will still be able to stay involved in my local fire dept - which really means alot to me. Although paying the bills means more.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Rookie

With 27 years experience, CRST is a step backwards. The up front promises are not reality. Being 1/3 of the team gives 2/3 of the team control over your schedule abd pay whether you like it or not. Heard good things about Barr Nunn.............