Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   Dirty Secret - No company offers tuition re-imbursement. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/27788-dirty-secret-no-company-offers-tuition-re-imbursement.html)

Elmdor 07-21-2007 03:36 PM

sage

Quote:

Originally Posted by bameyi
HI GUYS AM NEW TO TRUCKING BUT THIS IS HOW I WORK MINE OUT AM STILL IN SCHOOL, MY SECOND WEEK. THERE ARE TWO SCHOOL I WILL ADVICE INTERESTED NEW DRIVERS TO CONSIDER IF AND I USE THE WORD"IF" BECAUSE IT IS CLOSE TO MY PRIMARY RESIDENT.

AM PRESENTLY AT ARKANSAS STATE UNIVERSITRY, NEWPORT AR,THE SCHOOL TUITION IS A TOTAL OF $1,400 PLUS ACCOMMODATION OF $300 AND THE SCHOOL IS A THREE WEEK.

ANOTHER SCHOOL IS AT DRUMRIGHT, OK IT CALLED CENTRAL TECH DRIVERS TRAINING. THE TUITION IS $1,900 OR THERE ABOUT IT'S A FOUR AND HALF WEEK PROGRAM. THIS WILL CUT THE COST OF THE PROGRAM AND WILL KEEP YOU AWAY FROM ONE YEAR CONTRACT, THEN A NEW DRIVER CAN THEN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE TUITION RE-EMBURSEMENT. FOR A NEW DRIVER YOU WILL NEED TO BE WITH A COMPANY FOR ABOUT SIX MONTH ATLEAST TO GET THE TRICK TO SOME EXTEND BEFORE JOB HOPING. THAT WOULD HAVE PUT ABOUT $600 - $720 IN YOUR POCKET AS TUITION REIMBURSEMENT. THAT'S NOT BAD. FOR A START IN THESE INDUSTRY OF UNCERTAINTY.

Caps lock is cruise control for cool :roll:

dtryanxpress 07-22-2007 12:01 PM

can u get a CDL and pay it off with ur trucking paycheck per month?

ICS 01-30-2008 09:47 PM

I am applying at a bunch of places and I am still in school. The one thing I noticed about tuition reimbursement is that they seem to pay less per mile. so it ends up being a wash. or even get less over all. plus most places that hire students don;t pay that great and after a year or 2 you might want to move on to another carrier that will pay you more for your experience. Swift just "raised" their training pay which is still sub-par. but took away the $500 first solo load bonus. if you do the math you end up with $150 less. that turned me off to Swift because they are starting to play games. it is a bad first impression. Right now I am looking at Crete and CFI. neither of which pay reimbursement. all ready have a pre hire with Swift, warner and HO Wolding

Yooma G 02-06-2008 09:29 PM

I am leaving Monday 2-11 for Drumright to attend Central Tech , I am paying $1000 for my tuition and CFI is picking up the rest of the tab. I have to haul one load for CFI and my committment to them is "paid in full"; that's it, only one load. Call Christine Harwick at1-800-641-4748 x5718; she is the main student recruiter there. Tell her I sent you and we'll split the $1000 bucks!! :) :) I did a LOT of research online before I settled on CFI, it's the best deal out there.