Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   Ready for school..narrowed to 3 ..ONE WEEK COURSE ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/25920-ready-school-narrowed-3-one-week-course.html)

ssoutlaw 04-15-2007 06:21 PM

Re: confidence

Quote:

Originally Posted by alinanjeff
You guys that are saying im negative are sounding negative yourself..I dont lack confidence. I am a surfer that paddels out into 20 foot waves in the pacific northwest...has been bumped by a great white shark and still goes out. While yes I am a little concerned about my ADD.. They are right because I am concerned means I will take more care..One of the teachers at the school was a trainer for CF before they went under...He says they did a study..and the average amount of expierce on a reportable accident out on the road was 11-14 years..drivers..he says they reach a point of complancy..and over confidence and forget they are driving a deadly weapon. So those who judged me to be some sissy ash pansy are just middle aged has been's that drive big trucks to make up for what you lack to try to make your self fill like a man.. Im not what you think 250 lbs of solid muscle thats just concernered about tight turns and property damage. And those who made the positive comments thanks..You right thats exactly what consolidated freight found out average ex..accident 11-14 years. 40-50 years old...divorced..financal problems..head somewhere else.. like up your ..

Nobody called you a sissy ass pansy, you came up with that one yourself...lol I just don’t think you should tell everyone you’re scared. I will say it again, its not a hard JOB.....
Oh, and by the way, the shark thing doesn’t impress me. You have a higher chance of DIEING in a truck, than from being attacked by a shark, get my drift....lol
While you come up with some statistics from a company, which is no more, remember one thing, that doesn’t mean the whole industry is like this!
But the "young and dumb" thing still comes into play when I read your post!! Most young men cannot take constructive criticism. One thing I hope for you is you have the same accident free driving record I have had for the last 30 years!! Calm down, or you will blow a cork before you even get out on the road. All will be made clear to you the first year you are on the road...lol I believe the stats on drivers actually staying with driving for a career is somewhere around 37%, at least that’s what I have heard. So what does this tell us about some people coming into this business, they really do not have a CLUE!!!!!
Have a wonderful life in your new adventure…lol