Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   List of equipment for driving with trainer (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/22796-list-equipment-driving-trainer.html)

DouglasV 12-04-2006 10:45 PM

List of equipment for driving with trainer

I saw a list somewhere, on some site, but can't remember where it was.
What kinds of things should the PREPARED trainee take with him/her when you hit the road with your trainer?
It will also be what I take when I'm on my own. LOL I'm, sure the list varies, between each driver. Don't want to know what SOME people take with them. I'm sure it might be pretty scary, and funny!
P.S. Also, what types of GPS or handfree cell phones are a good buy?
I won't have very much money for a while, but it's something that I'm SURE I'll need out there on the road. It's scary enough! lol

slider64683 12-23-2006 05:07 PM

Quote:

I saw a list somewhere, on some site, but can't remember where it was.
What kinds of things should the PREPARED trainee take with him/her when you hit the road with your trainer?
It will also be what I take when I'm on my own. LOL I'm, sure the list varies, between each driver. Don't want to know what SOME people take with them. I'm sure it might be pretty scary, and funny!
P.S. Also, what types of GPS or handfree cell phones are a good buy?
I won't have very much money for a while, but it's something that I'm SURE I'll need out there on the road. It's scary enough! lol
Well Driver Below Is A List Of Supplies I Asked My Trainee To Bring.

That should get you threw it all. Plus it is less to pick up when you make it by the house.

Keep Safe and Happy Holidays,
    Slider[/quote]

Murphys Law CJ7 12-24-2006 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slider64683
    Well Driver Below Is A List Of Supplies I Asked My Trainee To Bring.

That should get you threw it all. Plus it is less to pick up when you make it by the house.

Keep Safe and Happy Holidays,
      Slider

I would add:

I would advise against taking or getting a CB until your last week of training. It is an unneeded expense at first and will only take up space (as will a cooler and other bulky items). Plus, keep your ears peeled at truck stops as there is always stuff like that for sale cheap.

Good luck!!!

4roses 12-25-2006 03:47 AM

along with the list that's already posted .. when your in your own tractor be sure to take along a few tools like -----

black tape
        5/16th wrench
        7/16th wrench
        ratch set
        phillips screw driver
        flathead screw driver
        vise grips
        mallet
        air gauge
        bolt cuters - to cut seals
        10w40
        universal crescent wrench
        zip ties
        14" - 16" black bungee cords to tighten snow chains ...

as well as a few others ... I'd rather be ready for anything than to be without when needed.

Jax3683 12-27-2006 12:37 AM

All of the items mentioned, but also... be sure to take your sanity!! Long periods of time with a complete stranger... well training was the WORST thing I've ever done in my life!

However, after it was all said and done and I was on my own... definately worth it :)

JoeyB 12-27-2006 12:59 AM

Soft luggage works best because it shrinks as you take stuff out of it. And take a plastic trash bag for your laundry. It'll grow as your suitcase shrinks, so the amount of room you need for clean and dirty clothes will remain constant.

Take a small bottle of aspirin, and a good multi vitamin. The vitamins will help you feel good and keep alert, even though decent food is scarce out there.

Jax3683 12-27-2006 01:01 AM

I took a laundry basket :) It didn't crush down, but it easily fit all my stuff in it, and pushed to the side of hte bed at night! I loved it... The first half I had a regular duffle bag and the laundry basket was worlds better!