Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   Best cdl school for budget? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/20811-best-cdl-school-budget.html)

wickerpark2 09-25-2006 12:25 AM

Best cdl school for budget?

I tried searching the site but there's too many schools to go through. I'm trying to find the best cdl school anywhere for under $1500 but preferably less. That would have to be the price for out-of-state tuition too. The ones ive heard of so far are in lincoln, nebraska. and southern florida. Any other good ones anywhere? Thanks

wonderman 09-25-2006 03:30 PM

school

check out maveick transport. for a 6 month commitment they will send you to school and train you for flatbed......wonderman

dmbndh 09-25-2006 05:42 PM

Many companies are doing student loans for new students and then offering tuition reimbursement when you're driving for them. Your out of pocket expense up front is usually limited to an administrative fee and personal expenses during training.

Kali06 09-25-2006 06:24 PM

andvance truck driving school asking 1500 in fresno,ca

advance truck driving school in fresno,california asking 1500if i pay cash other one 300 down get s u started

syl77dar 09-25-2006 06:46 PM

goodluck

goodluck

wickerpark2 09-25-2006 09:11 PM

cc

The reason I was looking at community colleges was so I didn't have to commit to a company after school. But if I understand I would still need training after I get my cdl at a school? I'm just trying to find the best way to go without committing and without a lot of money

wickerpark2 09-27-2006 07:03 AM

Camino Real

Do you know anything about Camino Real in La Puente, CA? Or of any other school?

Xcis2 09-27-2006 03:48 PM

Finding a school

First, it would have helped if you had given us an idea of where you want to go to school or where you are currently located. Do you want to update your profile to at least identify the state?
Lacking specific location information, try the following website:
www.Careeronestop.Org/Wiaprovidersearch.asp
This will allow you to look up Workforce Investment Act (WIA) training providers. This is a pretty good starting place.
Another source of information is www.Refrigeratedtrans.com This is a magazine website that has several pdf files that you can download with some very interesting information on training programs divided up by states.
If you are willing to relocate, states like Mississippi, Tennessee, Texas and Oklahoma have inexpensive courses.

heritage92rs 09-27-2006 10:43 PM

Davidson Community College just opened up next to our terminal in Lexington, NC and their class is $475 for a 4+ week class :D

Spincycled 03-01-2007 08:47 AM

$475? YIKES?!

Davidson Community College just opened up next to our terminal in Lexington, NC and their class is $475 for a 4+ week class :

$475 for 4 weeks?? How on earth can they afford that? With fuel at $2.50 per gallon and the way i drive, i would use MORE than that just in fuel in 4 weeks!! heeee. They get funding from gov or something ey?