Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   CDL School at ACC, Austin, TX (International Schools) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/20672-cdl-school-acc-austin-tx-international-schools.html)

terrylamar 09-20-2006 04:06 AM

CDL School at ACC, Austin, TX (International Schools)

Any one attended this school? It is only a couple of miles away. It is devided into two, two week sections Mon - Fri, no weekends. Both classes together cost $3,500.00. It is not a sponsered school, I have a prehire from TMC. I was planning on paying for my schooling up front. Since it is only a couple of miles away I plan on going and observing and maybe talk to some of the students and instructors. of allowed.

S_Cargo 09-28-2006 11:45 PM

Trucking School

I did not go to the school, but I used to pass by the parking lot where they would practice maneuvering. I attended the school in the waco area. From what I gathered from the rep at ACC when I was planning to go there, they have a good program with instructors dedicated to helping you learn. A lot of your driving success will be a direct result of the teaching you receive in school.
Good luck to you.

terrylamar 09-29-2006 12:02 AM

I decided to attend this school. For convienence more than anything else. From what I gather on these boards, the school can only take you so far, then your trainer takes over. At the least I will get a CDL with all endorsements and the piece of paper out of it. That seems to be all that anyone cares about. Not that I'm saying that this isn't a decent school.

S_Cargo 09-29-2006 01:00 PM

ACC trucking school

yeah, I guess you are right. I was going to attend there also until the rep starting talking about the cost of the school and that they had a special program set up with Wells Fargo Bank and if you met the requirements they would finance the schooling for you. I declined that and went to school in Waco under the WIA.

S_Cargo 09-29-2006 01:01 PM

ACC trucking school

yeah, I guess you are right. I was going to attend there also until the rep starting talking about the cost of the school and that they had a special program set up with Wells Fargo Bank and if you met the requirements they would finance the schooling for you. I declined that and went to school in Waco under the WIA.

ACC trucking school

ACC trucking school

terrylamar 09-29-2006 07:42 PM

It is only about 5 to 6 miles for the classroom portion and about three for the driving portion from where I live. They seem to use older trucks. They hold their classes to about 12 students. Tuition is $3,500.00 which seems to be about right. I seen tuition listed as much cheaper in places far from here and more expensive. So I guess it will be about average. Anyway, I get to sleep in my own bed at night. It doen't seem to be a CDL mill type school. There has to be a number of graduates over the years, yet no one responded to this post. Either they are too busy working or they don't know about CAD. Maybe we ought to have a recruiting drive. I know this site has been extremely benifecial to me. I side stepped a lot of pitfalls. It is much better than sitting at a truck stop trying to talk to drivers.