User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Ready for Change-San Diego

Navy Vet here with some remaining Post 9/11-GI Bill benefits left and I am ready to make a career change from working with Navy (not knowing whether or not have a job because of budgets) to driving (youth dream). Soliciting recommendations Suggestions.

1. CDL School in San Diego, with evening and/or weekends IOT maintain current employment;
2. Ultimately after I get a few months on the road, want to work for a company that takes care of their employees and allows Pets(my dog is my buddy).

R/Scottybones
Old 05-08-2013, 05:31 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybones View Post
Navy Vet here with some remaining Post 9/11-GI Bill benefits left and I am ready to make a career change from working with Navy (not knowing whether or not have a job because of budgets) to driving (youth dream). Soliciting recommendations Suggestions.

1. CDL School in San Diego, with evening and/or weekends IOT maintain current employment;
2. Ultimately after I get a few months on the road, want to work for a company that takes care of their employees and allows Pets(my dog is my buddy).

R/Scottybones
Although not sure how your , or current, GI bill is these days. I would recommend using it if you are interested in attending a driving school. I used my pre 9/11 GI bill when I went to school to get my CDL YEARS ago. It should pay most of the tuition, although some may need to be added by you.
If you are employed, you may desire a driving school with flexible hours. Then you can keep your present employment until you get your CDL, and in case you decide during training that driving is not for you.
Now, as for finding a company that takes care of their employees, after you get some experience. One thing to remember, the only person that will or can take care of you and your family, if you have one, is you. All companies want their freight moved and to make a profit, everything else dosent matter. As for pets, many companies allow pets, check around. But those that allow a pet, usually have some restrictions as to size of the animal, and require a deposit (either refundable or non refundable).
Good luck, and hope for the best.