User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default refresher course

I have been pre-hired with trans am but they are asking me to take a one week refresher course since it has been last april since i graduated from trucking school in fl. at national trucking school. i have since moved back home to northern indiana getting a divorce. any good schools up here to offer refresher course without paying an arm and a leg for it. also what co. is a good starter co. for a newbie. need all the help i can get.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Senior Board Member

I'm not that familiar with Indiana, but when I looked in my spreadsheets (it's in my carrier info spreadsheet) a couple of schools popped up.

When I looked into what it would take for a 'refresher course' i was dissappointed. Most of the schools that I talked to would not give a 'refresher course' to someone that did not graduate from their school. But they would be very happy to enroll me in one of their full blown courses. I did find somebody that would be willing to, but he doesn't issue a certificate of completion.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:59 PM

I'm curious about refresher programs also. I can find very little posted about them on any board, but I hear discussions about not having recent experience and the need for refresher courses. I e-mailed C1 and Roadmaster just to get a feel for the costs involved but as yet I have received no answer. I would presume, without further input from driving schools, that they are also having hard times due to the economic slow down. Less need for drivers.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:15 AM
Senior Board Member

I wouldn't bother e-mailing them.

When I was looking (turned out I didn't need it) I got much better response when I called them.