User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2008, 02:55 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Southern States Community College TDA Anyone

I live just north of Columbus, OH and SSCC TDA is a local school that seems to offer a better program than Roadmaster does. I was wondering if anyone from the Central Ohio area has attended SSCC TDA and how they thought they were prepared for the industry and safty of driving a rig?

I am hopeing to be enrolled in their program by Oct/Nov...

Thanks
Old 07-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Rookie
Default SS Community College

Hello, and welcome to the world of trucking! In my experience, I have found that the best training one can receive is through a Community College. Not only is it usually cheaper, but they offer better truck to student ratio and instructor to student ratio...and this is very important. You don't want to waste time while watching other students drive, etc.

I believe for a newcomer, the best starting point is receiving your training through an accredited community college course. You are starting out on the right track. Good Luck, and keep us posted.

TruthAboutTrucking.com
Old 07-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Allen,
Thanks for your post and how long have you been trucking and what kind of freight do you run? With the research that I've been doing I hope I do very well in my trainning and then my desire is to get into Flats as my freight of choice. I don't mind the added work of tarping and securing and the money, benefits, and hometime all seem to be better for those running em.

Thanks again.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsclinger
Allen,
Thanks for your post and how long have you been trucking and what kind of freight do you run? With the research that I've been doing I hope I do very well in my trainning and then my desire is to get into Flats as my freight of choice. I don't mind the added work of tarping and securing and the money, benefits, and hometime all seem to be better for those running em.

Thanks again.

Hey,
I have been in trucking for 30 years, with 22 years OTR...I've pulled vans, reefers, flats, tankers and spent many years in the HouseHold Goods Industry. Presently, I am pulling tankers, hauling HaZMat here in the State of Florida....between driving and hosting a talk radio show....I stay pretty busy!! Flatbed isn't bad, a little more work involved, but as you stated, you get paid for tarping, etc.....Good Luck, and again, you made the right choice going with a Community College for your training.

TruthAboutTrucking.com