User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2008, 12:24 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Company Trucking Schools question...

I was considering checking out a trucking school owned an run by a trucking company, like Schneider or some such. I know that if you complete the trucking course you have to sign up with the company for 1 to 2 years for the company to pay for the school. My question is, what if you only make it half-way through the training program? Do they just cut you loose and send you home or are you then forced to pay for some or all of the class?
Old 04-13-2008, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member

sorry but from what I understand ... it's a legal binding contract ... you will have to pay it off in full.

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Read the contract, it will tell you.

If you leave for whatever the reason (your reason, their reason, somebodies reason) and it happens after the 'refund date' you are legally bound to pay the school.

The contract you sign is not a we will train you to drive trucks contract it is a you agree to sign over your first born, your arm and your legs if you dont pay us - either through yourself or the company you signed with.
Old 04-13-2008, 03:00 AM
Senior Board Member

That is a question best answered by the people who own/run the school and by fully reading the contract before signing, but I tend to agree with the above poster on this. Once you sign the contract and set foot at the school you are obligated for the tuition one way or the other.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Board Regular
Location: NOT TELLING....but it is in the same state that the Ohio State Buckeyes play!!
Default Re: Company Trucking Schools question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbguy
I was considering checking out a trucking school owned an run by a trucking company, like Schneider or some such. I know that if you complete the trucking course you have to sign up with the company for 1 to 2 years for the company to pay for the school. My question is, what if you only make it half-way through the training program? Do they just cut you loose and send you home or are you then forced to pay for some or all of the class?
EXACTLY, I went to Green Bay for the 2 week training program, I struggled and made it through and was not sent home early, however they decided after 13 days that iwas not going to make the cut and nailed me with pratically the whole $4,000 cost of being there.

Once you arrive you are charged $280.00 a day. If they boot you after 3 days you owe them $840.00. The harder you try the longer you stay the more you will pay if you get sent home early.

My situation was unique, I ended up getting my CDL own my own and went back to Green Bay a 2nd time and worked for Schneider for 15 months and did not have to pay back the $4000 from the 1st time.

Schneider did screw me but they gave me a 2nd chance and they ended up being a good comapny to work for.

It was just hard to see so many people who left thier jobs to go up thier to Green Bay thinking they had a job and get sent home, they literally drop you off at an outdoor bus stop and a Greyhound will come pick your ass up and take you back home.

The recruiters wont tell you this but:

Every week on saturday 80 students arrived, at the end of 2 weeks about 50 graduate.

Of the 50 who graduate about 10-15 will last the 1st year. :? :? :?
Old 06-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Rookie

It is a binding contract, which would require you to still pay in full.

TruthAboutTrucking.com