User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2008, 10:32 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swearington
My main question at this point would involve job placement. Were you placed with Gordon through the school, Freddy?
Gordon was one of two companies that sent recruiters to speak with us, but the school didn't place me with them. In fact, I'd already applied, and the recruiter arrived with the news that my application had been approved. BTW, another great thing about IITR is that recruiters don't take up class time. They talk during lunch, and they bring the food.

IITR has two (I think) employees dedicated to placement. They'll come in and do a half-day of instruction on finding jobs and filling out applications, as well as answering individual questions. They'll point you in the right direction depending on what type of driving you want to do. They'll stay on top of you until you've submitted applications. They'll keep track of your employment status after you graduate. You'll have to check me on this, but I believe they offer lifetime placement assistance for all graduates.

I had applications in with several companies early on, so I didn't really make use of their placement capabilities. Call and talk to Rosie if you want details. She's great.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 AM

Hi Freddy,

I'm glad that you are liking GTI so well. What states do you normally drive.

Brad
Old 05-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy
IITR has two (I think) employees dedicated to placement. They'll come in and do a half-day of instruction on finding jobs and filling out applications, as well as answering individual questions. They'll point you in the right direction depending on what type of driving you want to do. They'll stay on top of you until you've submitted applications. They'll keep track of your employment status after you graduate. You'll have to check me on this, but I believe they offer lifetime placement assistance for all graduates.
Thanks! This fell together so quickly for me that I've barely had time t think about things. My recruiter at the school assures me my standing is excellent and so are my chances of landing not just a job, but a job specifically to my liking. For a guy who's done deliveries in a box truck for peanuts, this all sounds pretty amazing.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad M
I'm glad that you are liking GTI so well. What states do you normally drive.
Mostly Oregon, California, Idaho, and Utah. Occasionally Washington and Nevada. Got as far east as Kansas City on one of my first trips. I like it out west, another reason GTI is a good fit for me.
Old 06-01-2008, 05:30 AM

Freddy,

When you went to IITR for training and had been pre-approved for hire by GTI, did you have to pay IITR any fee because they didn't find the employer for you.

Brad
Old 06-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Rookie

Nope, just tuition. There's a registration fee of $150, but other than that, they don't charge a dime for anything.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:42 AM

I just wanted to add, If there is a company you want to try to go to work for, Rosie will get the info for you. So your not limited to just the companies that come and visit the school. You also should and is recommended, to finding what info about companies yourself.
Even if you have not started yet (school), use the time your waiting researching companies, don't wait for recruiters to come to you .

I went to the night class in Medford fall of 2006, The description Freddy gave is pretty accurate even for the Medford school.