User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-13-2007, 02:55 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

THANKS, I START ON MONDAY DEC 17TH AT TEAMSTERS LOCAL 251 TRAINING SCHOOL. I WAS LOOK AT NETTS BUT EVERYTHING TOLD ME TO DO THE TEAMSTERS SCHOOL. I GOT LUCKY AND GOT INTO A PROGRAM BECAUSE IM LAID OFF,IT HELPED PAY FOR THE CLASS. I KNOW SUPERIOR WANTS YOU TO GO THROUGH NETTS BUT I'M HOPING THEY WILL EXCEPT ME BASE ON THE INTERVIEW AND GOOD TRAINING FROM THE TEAMSTERS.I WORK IN TREE AND SHRUB CARE SO I USED PPE AND DROVE LIQUID TANKS (ON A MUCH SMALLER SCALE) W/PESTICIDES.I'M HOPING THAT WILL GET ME IN. KEEP ME POSTED ON YOUR TRAING AND EXPERIENCE. THANKS
Old 12-18-2007, 01:38 AM

Started school today watched Teamsters Video,paperwork and straight backing in the yard. Glad I went here and finally got the ball rolling.
Old 08-21-2008, 03:55 PM
Rookie
Default Re: NETTS-R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypiper
I don't see much on this site about Rhode Island. I'm attending NETTS on 9/24. It's a 4 week school at 4995.00 with no parking. Good ole R.I. I paid up front so I own no one. It'a an acreditted school and, they have 1 in RI, 1 in Ct. and 1 in Ma. A couple of my buds started there and they liked it. Small building but lots of trucks and practice time from what I have read. I'll keep you posted when I start. C-YA!
Hi Harley,

How'd that accreditation do for you? Was it worth the $5K? I took a look at the school and wasn't impressed at all. I'm going to the Teamsters Local 251 and after reading your posts about your experience at NETTTS I feel like I'm making the right move. I'm not trying to bust your bubble, but more like I totally feel what you mean about the instructors should have given you more attention and time driving.

After attending the school would you recommend NETTTS to anyone that you know or did they fail your expectations? Have you been able to find a decent job afterwards? I hope things are working out for you. Good luck.

- Butch
Old 08-21-2008, 07:40 PM

Hey butch, harleypiper works for an awesome company Superior Carriers(tankers) and is paid very well. I wanted to get into that company but couldn't because I didn't go to Nettts. They only except Newbies from nettts. Why I dont know. Harley went through wia program just like I did and how your going to go through 251. I was upset I couldnt get on with that company(very upset at the time) But I'm glad I got my training at 251 even though it hurt some opportunities. WE PASS THE FIRST TIME. I would recommend the school to people unless they wanted to get into superior carriers as a rookie(you need a great work history,not job hopping past to get in). I hope Harleypiper gives us an update.
Today I hooked up & drove doubles. Friday I'm off to Farmingdale, NY to drop off supplies.Rob
Old 08-21-2008, 09:13 PM
Board Regular
Default Re: NETTS-R.I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchM
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypiper
I don't see much on this site about Rhode Island. I'm attending NETTS on 9/24. It's a 4 week school at 4995.00 with no parking. Good ole R.I. I paid up front so I own no one. It'a an acreditted school and, they have 1 in RI, 1 in Ct. and 1 in Ma. A couple of my buds started there and they liked it. Small building but lots of trucks and practice time from what I have read. I'll keep you posted when I start. C-YA!
Hey Butch,
I think you are making the right choice, for some reason companies like the accredidation that NETTTS has but I really don't think they know what the school is like. Is what pissed me off the most is that I paid in full before I even started, was there the entire 4 weeks every day and on time and stayed all day. There were guys that just wandered in and out when they felt like it, guys that didn't pass their road test with the registry and would take up time in the trucks and were getting more road time than I was and they still owed money to the school. I could go on about alot of other B.S. but will spare you. Like bigdaddy said, I got on with a great company and it was because I went to NETTTS as did 3 other drivers at my terminal.

Hey Bigdaddy,
Sounds like things are working for you, who are you pulling for? I'm aways running I90 in and out, whats your truck number I'll look for ya.

Hi Harley,

How'd that accreditation do for you? Was it worth the $5K? I took a look at the school and wasn't impressed at all. I'm going to the Teamsters Local 251 and after reading your posts about your experience at NETTTS I feel like I'm making the right move. I'm not trying to bust your bubble, but more like I totally feel what you mean about the instructors should have given you more attention and time driving.

After attending the school would you recommend NETTTS to anyone that you know or did they fail your expectations? Have you been able to find a decent job afterwards? I hope things are working out for you. Good luck.

- Butch
Old 08-22-2008, 04:23 AM
Rookie

Rob and Harley,

Thanks for the input, it sounds like you're both doing good. That makes me feel a lot better for my future.

I'm really glad that even though you kind of got the shaft at NETTTS you were smart enough to do the most with what you had Harley, way to go Bro.

It sounds like you fell into a decent job too Rob. Congrats. I got my approval today and I start school on Monday. I'm going to call Dennis tomorrow and let him know even though I'm sure he got my paper work today sometime. I'm psyched.

Rob, you got any tips for when I get there monday? Coffee, donuts, LOL. Really though, do they have lockers or anything for us to keep rain gear, boots and stuff like that in?

Keep on truckin' boys...I'll be seeing you on the road in a few month's.

- Butch
Old 08-24-2008, 05:13 PM

Be on time,sign in once you get there. Dennis notices & remembers who's there everyday. As far as rain gear just keep it in your car or put it on the back of your chair. Look to see who is doing the pre trip smoothly and follow them. Dont be shy if you know it step up. The person who pre trips the truck is the one who hooks it up.Best of Luck