Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   retractable or lifting mud flaps (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/41323-retractable-lifting-mud-flaps.html)

themudflapjack 06-01-2011 07:43 AM

retractable or lifting mud flaps

Just curiouse if anyone has any thoughts or feed back on this product. It is called the Mud Flap Jack and is an automatic mud flap lift to reduce mud flap loss and damage. Yes it is my product and yes I do have it for sale, but am really just looking for some feed back from people in the industry. I am a small town entreprneur that is trying my damndest to get this thing out there and just want to hear what people have to think. Any help is appreciated.

Windwalker 06-01-2011 02:27 PM

It's going to depend on your price. When I pulled flatbed, I lost a few mudflaps backing into construction sites because of soft dirt. In all but one case, I also had the mudflap re-installed by the time the trailer was unloaded. I didn't lose any time because of it. But, I also had a small hole poked into the bottom edge and used a rubber strap to lift it before I backed up if I thought I might lose one. So, in order to generate any interest, your product is going to have to be cost effective.

themudflapjack 06-07-2011 05:29 AM

Price right now is $349.00 plus shipping & handeling. I know that is what a lot of people do is hook up their flaps before backing, but this helps so you don't have to get in and out of your cab to do it. We have tried to make it cost effective so that people will still want to buy them. Many of our customers are dump trucks or trailers. Alot of the drivers like them especially if they are dealing with asphalt, safer and they don't have to worry about getting in and out on the tack. We do have a few other people that have bought them for other applications. I suppose alot of it depends on what you are doing too. Thanks for the imput! I am just trying to get the word out and get some feed back so I can try to get this to take off.

bella10388 09-06-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by themudflapjack (Post 498730)
Price right now is $349.00 plus shipping & handeling. I know that is what a lot of people do is hook up their flaps before backing, but this helps so you don't have to get in and out of your cab to do it. We have tried to make it cost effective so that people will still want to buy them. Many of our customers are dump trucks or trailers. Alot of the drivers like them especially if they are dealing with asphalt, safer and they don't have to worry about getting in and out on the tack. We do have a few other people that have bought them for other applications. I suppose alot of it depends on what you are doing too. Thanks for the imput! I am just trying to get the word out and get some feed back so I can try to get this to take off.

Thanks you for the post.