Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Turbo 3000 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/38440-turbo-3000-a.html)

Fredog 08-06-2009 11:57 AM

Turbo 3000

my conclusion on the turbo 3000..

after using it for a few months
the only difference I have seen is the idle is smoother, I havent seen any noticeable difference in mileage or performance

Windwalker 08-06-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 458338)

the only difference I have seen is the idle is smoother, I havent seen any noticeable difference in mileage or performance

I believe the topic came up some time ago. And, I believe that I had said it was a gimmick. A means of relieving a driver/owner of money. When I looked inside of one, all I saw was a series of baffles. Just like the magnets that "polarize" the fuel, I would expect absolutely nothing from it. It gets approval from California EPA, because it does nothing to increase the polution. But improve anything? NADA.

Sorry you've been had.:tears:

Rev.Vassago 08-06-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 458338)

Your idle is smoother because your truck is lighter, due to the reduced weight of your wallet.:thumbsup:

Fredog 08-06-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 458340)
I believe the topic came up some time ago. And, I believe that I had said it was a gimmick. A means of relieving a driver/owner of money. When I looked inside of one, all I saw was a series of baffles. Just like the magnets that "polarize" the fuel, I would expect absolutely nothing from it. It gets approval from California EPA, because it does nothing to increase the polution. But improve anything? NADA.

Sorry you've been had.:tears:

I wanted to find out first hand, so I did. I really didnt expect it to work, so I'm not too unhappy, I do wonder how it smoothed the idle out, that was nice for sleeping, but now that I have a tripac, it's a moot point.

Fredog 08-06-2009 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago (Post 458341)
Your idle is smoother because your truck is lighter, due to the reduced weight of your wallet.:thumbsup:

by golly, that makes sense!!

Fredog 09-11-2009 02:26 AM

well, I took it off and my mileage decreased by 1/2 mpg, I'm going to put it back on and see if it's a coincidence.