Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Product Reviews by Truckers for Truckers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers-32/)
-   -   Coolers ... ? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-product-reviews-truckers-truckers/35537-coolers.html)

thebaldeagle655 12-06-2008 11:40 PM

My first Coleman 12v cooler lasted about 3 months. I took it back and got a new one at Walmart. Another driver told me to blow the fan out with air about once a month. I have done this and the one I have now has lasted about 18 months, still cools just as good as it did when new. When I blow it out I get a LOT of dust and dirt. I always take it out of the truck to do so.

Bug 12-08-2008 04:13 PM

I have a coleman and the fan went out after a few months, Radioshack sells the fans 15-30 dollars and only took about 20 minutes to install.

thbogle 01-09-2009 06:14 PM

I used to buy the coleman coolers until the plug on mine got so hot it melted. The fuse in it didnt blow until it was melted into the plastic. I threw the cooler outta the truck and said the heck with it. the next time I was home I got a small fridge and microwave at sears and a invertor and the wiring and such and installed it all for around 500 bucks. It made everything a lot simpler.

Pack_Rat 01-09-2009 11:16 PM

I have had a coleman I bought at walmart now since 1998. And the only thing to go wrong with it was the plug had to replace it.

thbogle 01-10-2009 03:48 AM

I probably could have replaced the cord and saved some money but, was tired of drinking hot water in the summer and frozen water in the winter. Also I carried meat and cheese in my fridge so I could cook on my grill which I also carried. The meat went bad fast without a freezer.

carterbeauford 01-11-2009 10:11 PM

I have a double ball bearing fan with red LEDs waiting to ve installed at home, Imma have the baddest coleman cooler ever.

I am going to contact the mfg regarding using a $0.97 fan in an $80 cooler, they have to realize something is not right when half their coolers are being returned.

thbogle 01-12-2009 01:13 AM

I contacted Coleman after my cooler had the wire melt down. I got the old "well we have them running in our offices 24 hours a day 7 days a week and we have never had any problems out of them here" . a very snobish answer if I do say so myself. They have them plugged into a wall through the converters that come with them. Its a little bit different from having them run in a truck.

possum 01-12-2009 03:22 AM

Man thats one thing I miss, I had a factory fridge in my classic and loved that thing. I will have another one soon its the only way to go.

semicomputing 01-31-2009 06:43 PM

Coolers, Freezers, microwaves

I use a koolatron 18 qt thermoelectric cooler, for my refrigeration needs. Important to blow the dust out once a month with a can f compressed air, replace fan as needed.
I use a coleman 12v freezer/refrigerater for my freezer. It was about $400 but cooling down to -10 degrees keeps my chicken breast and steaks frozen untill needed.
Having added a Wavebox microwave as of late I keep a few goodies from the frozen section in the freezer to, like microwave pizza, lasagne, etc. Wavebox is painstaikingly slow when run on cig outlet but that is what company policy demands. Planning ahead and thawing out the food then nuking allows a 20 minute cook time. From frozen requires 40-60 minutes.

BIG JEEP on 44's 02-03-2009 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carterbeauford (Post 433677)
I have a double ball bearing fan with red LEDs waiting to ve installed at home, Imma have the baddest coleman cooler ever.

I am going to contact the mfg regarding using a $0.97 fan in an $80 cooler, they have to realize something is not right when half their coolers are being returned.

During winter months what do you need a cooler for with TMC and no cab heat ? lol